Non-Typical Solutions

Surveillance Cameras

Put a fence around the yard and make it strong enough to damage a vehicle that hits it. Corner lots get all kinds of abuse, some intentional and a lot from people that aren't paying attention or just don't care. Better to deter problems than try to catch the problem makers after damage is done! Most people that have lived on a corner, won't ever get another home on one, myself included!!

Have you asked the cops for help? Where are you? I have a few trail cams you can borrow, and I bet we could get a few more from folks here. Do you want to catch or deter? Send a couple perps to jail for a night or two and I bet you would see a slow down in activity.

Have you asked the cops for help? Where are you? I have a few trail cams you can borrow, and I bet we could get a few more from folks here. Do you want to catch or deter? Send a couple perps to jail for a night or two and I bet you would see a slow down in activity.

I have had the cops involved multiple times.

The time I ended up with A-hole written on my sidewalk and truck in mustard....I called the cops, but I knew who did that one cause they were the ones that were dumping tires in the park dumpster and they saw me see them, previous students, donkeys then and continuing to be donkeys.

The time my mirror got bashed with a baseball bat....I called the cops plus my neighbors old Dodge had the same thing same morning so I made sure they both got called in.

Really not trying to send anybody to prison for pranks......just want to get rid of the frequent flyers that are a pain in the ace.

I have gotten alot of good ideas and thanks to everybody, I think I will go ahead and get a system with the DVR recording option that several of you have mentioned.

Something I should have done years ago but figured some day it would end, but it hasn't and my age and patience have grown thin.....

get a kid about same age to put a beat down on them...just a thought

Trust me, my son would love to do the honors......problem is it would turn into my son going to jail and the scum bag going scott free............that is completely a different story all together.....which I prefer not to air out here.....

• Like 1

These are not really pranks. Destruction of property at your expense? Harassment? Probably a lawyer could come up with many more laws broken. The same bad kids likely do many other worse things. They need help breaking their bad habits.

What are you going to do with the video or photo evidence if the cops won't get involved now? It sounds like you know who is doing it already. These are crimes done by criminals. Get the law involved or continue to play games. Everyone will be better off when the kids know that there are repercussions. Quit messing around before the deviants advance to worse things and end up in the real clink.

• Like 1

These are not really pranks. Destruction of property at your expense? Harassment? Probably a lawyer could come up with many more laws broken. The same bad kids likely do many other worse things. They need help breaking their bad habits.

What are you going to do with the video or photo evidence if the cops won't get involved now? It sounds like you know who is doing it already. These are crimes done by criminals. Get the law involved or continue to play games. Everyone will be better off when the kids know that there are repercussions. Quit messing around before the deviants advance to worse things and end up in the real clink.

I have gotten the law involved every time I thought I had some form of proof and that is the intention with getting a surveillance system set up so I have proof.

My mirror getting bashed has been in court for 6 months now and keeps getting bumped for various reasons. I knew who had done it because kids talk at school and word got back to me. I personally confronted both of them and they denied it of course. Luckily I had reported it to the cops the morning of the incident and luckily there were multiple mirrors bashed that night so when I contacted cops about the names I had they then went to work on the case a little more aggressive.

I don't really expect cops to spend time on my piddly deviants but it does get frustrating.

If you catch them you should have a slide show presentation at the school.

• Like 1

I'll give you this stuff for free. I think it still works. All you should need is some RCA cables and a monitor. PM me if you're interested

post-13609-0-48807300-1453958417_thumb.jpg

Installing network cabling, security cameras, etc is what I do. Costco, Sams club etc have several systems that are packages you can easily install yourself.

We used to have a lot that faced a T intersection in a neighborhood. Had a few times when there were deep tire marks along the yard and the same next door. Had a couple of huge granite rocks delivered and half buried as part of my landscaping. One morning I found tracks, a bumper and part of a muffler and it never happened again.

• Like 1

get a kid about same age to put a beat down on them...just a thought

Trust me, my son would love to do the honors......problem is it would turn into my son going to jail and the scum bag going scott free............that is completely a different story all together.....which I prefer not to air out here.....

Nothing a ski mask cant fix!