Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

UTV windshields??

Currently have a half windshield. Looking to get a full tilting or full that folds down. Any experiences or ideas on best ones? It will be for a full size 2013 Ranger Crew.

i use to half a fold down windshiled on my ranger and always had it down cause when its up dirt swirls in the cab very bad...also when you go a little fast it slammed up on me. I have a half windshiled now and just wear a beanie...haha

• Like 1

Did u have a back window? I know if you have a full front and back window it makes for some bad dust. I have seen the full windows that tilt out about midway, which may keep dust down but rain and cold out when closed completely. Most of the time it will be left tilted out or folded down.

Not worth it. Have a half and the dirt swirls around so bad ur chokin on it. Only tine its worth a crap is if its freezing cold and hopefully roads wet sono dust. Never even use mine.

Not worth it. Have a half and the dirt swirls around so bad ur chokin on it. Only tine its worth a crap is if its freezing cold and hopefully roads wet sono dust. Never even use mine.

Yea, not sure if its the windshield or the layer of dirt that makes it warmer.

I have a full windshield where the bottom 1/4 of it can be removed during the warmer season. I use the full portion in the winter, but like mentioned it can get dusty in the cab at times. As long as the bottom portion is off the dust is minimal.

I had the half on my rhino and the dust was unbearable.

That's probably because you did not have a heat deflector pad that runs under the seats from side to side and a rear window mesh net. No dust here but my friend who doesn't have it gets a lot of dust inside.

I've used full and half windshields. IMO the full causes dust to swirl inside the cab more. I prefer the half as the top half being open allows for a better draft to blow dust out.

If you don't have back glass and a top I wouldn't do a full windshield. With no back and top you will get dust like previously stated

Back glass and top with full front still causes dust as well, my dad has this setup. I currently have a half windshield and it's great, except when it's cold or raining. Obviously if it's raining, dust isn't a concern. It seems everyone has complete different experiences. I don't have back glass and probably won't. I know a lot of dust comes from under the seats on Rangers. I've put the foam reflective padding to reflect engine heat and keep dust out. I think it helps.

My thought on the full windshield that tilts out mid way, would allow air in the cab, like a half windshield, and thus keep dust out as air flows through during dusty and warmer rides. But would be good during rains or cold, could be closed if need be. Again, with no back windshield, it would keep air moving through, therotically pushing dust out or away.

* the back windshield and Top definitely help with the dust. I guess owning a ranger you learn to tolerate dust. Just depends how much.

I bought a roll up clear vinyl windshield for $50. Keep it in the ranger and if it's cold or rains I throw it on otherwise I leave it off. Visibility is not great but better than eatin cold wind and rain. My bed eats a lot of dust but not the cab, with or without the windshield. I have a double rifle scabbard where the back window would be.