Sign in to follow this  
257 STW

10mm cartridge blow up question

Took the wife out shooting today I have a Glock 29 10 mm shot 15 rounds loaded another mag and shot again the 4th bullet blew the primer and half of side of casing causing the ejector button for the clip to blow up and cracked the pistol handle of hand gun causing immediate pain to my wife's hand her hand is all swollen and black and blue was shooting factory blazer ammunition 200gr fmj gun has been shot less than 150 times and is now junk not worried about gun tho the wife is at the er getting hand checked out does any one know if there is anything that could be done about this or some one they can recomend for advise

Took the wife out shooting today I have a Glock 29 10 mm shot 15 rounds loaded another mag and shot again the 4th bullet blew the primer and half of side of casing causing the ejector button for the clip to blow up and cracked the pistol handle of hand gun causing immediate pain to my wife's hand her hand is all swollen and black and blue was shooting factory blazer ammunition 200gr fmj gun has been shot less than 150 times and is now junk not worried about gun tho the wife is at the er getting hand checked out does any one know if there is anything that could be done about this or some one they can recomend for advise

I'd imagine it was the ammo being loaded too hot? If you decide to go after the ammo company or the pistol company I'd imagine it would be tough to prove who's fault it was but if you wanna go that route save everything as it was especially the casing that blew up and take lots of pictures and contact an attorney. My brother is an attorney in Payson that could help if you want. Message me if you'd like his number.

Blake

Bag the gun & ammo. Handle as little as possible. Likely, a forensic gunsmith would need to inspect it (if there is such a thing). Hope your wife is OK.

Man, glad to hear your wife is relatively OK. That could have been a lot worse. God was looking out for you, remember that.

Lawyer up and bag the gun/ammo as they are.

I hope your wife recovers ok! Sorry to hear that!!!

Had that happen many years ago with a 9MM. Cause was determined to be a double charge.

If you go the lawyer route, like the guys above said bag all the ammo you have left in the box and any other in your possession. The lawyer, and yourself can research to see if it has happened to someone else with their ammo.

Very harrowing experience to have a gun blow up in your hand, kinda the last thing you expect.

I shoot 10mm and yes when loaded hot it's hot, but can't imagine e a double change in a 10. I hope blazer wasnt aluminum.

Like all above, bag and tag.

I had a M1 Garand blow up on me. It is super scary. Mine happened because it fired out of battery. All that energy took the path of least resistance. I'm sorry your wife had a Kaboom, I hope she recovers and gets back shooting soon. It's crazy but it has been known to happen with 10mm and 40cal pistols without fully supported chambers. And not only with Glock. What generation is your Glock 29? Have you noticed any fired brass that has bulging from where the feed ramp doesn't fully support the case? Was the Blazer ammo brass or aluminum?