That is a great picture. poor little deer. That makes me want to go lion hunting so darn bad. I hope that guy gets some dogs hot on that cats butt fast.

What a great trail cam pic. Do you know what unit that's in? I hope that deer finally got the clue with that flash lighting up the area. How close the lion is to the deer you would think the deer would have noticed. Just shows how bad I suck at sneaking up on those deer compared to a lion.

TREESTANDMAN, That pic is the BOMB!!!! I just set it as a screen saver and once again WOW!!!!!

Does anyone know where this pic was taken?

Somewhere in the thread, it mentions the deer is a blacktail. So, I would figure Cali, Oregon, or Washington.

Very cool pic!!

I have also seen a picture of some Desert Bighorn Sheep along the Colorado river that had in the very top right hand of the pic was a lion stalking the sheep. The photo was taken of the sheep not even knowing that the lion was in close to the sheep.

It was a great photo. It was a few years ago but I will try and track it down and get it posted. I might not be able to find it but if I do I hope it is OK.

B)

This is a fantastic picture. Amazing that this predetor can be so close to a mule deer without being noticed. All a mule deer is, is a life support system for danger detecting radar! And this cat is what, 2.5 feet away??!

Might be a good idea, like Treestandman was saying, to flash that light behind you now and then when walking through the woods in the dark.

I would have never thought that a lion would sneak up that close before attacking. I suppose a pitch black night has everything to do with it.

Ever heard the saying, "a cat is a cat"? Ever see a house cat leap a 7 foot fence? What can a cougar do??! What an animal!

Incredible!!

Mike

Before you guys get too caught up in the pic, take the time to read this ENTIRE thread: http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index....showtopic=69645

(How does that saying go? Don't believe everything you hear/read, and only half what you see ..."

Lv2hnt

i dunno if the pictures are real or not. don't even care. but there is some real wild opinions on how lions hunt on the jesse deal. one thing i've learned over the years is that there ain't no tellin' what a lion will do. there's definitely something bogus with at least one photo tho, because one of em shows a doe and one shows a cow elk. Lark.