Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Anyone else doing this?

Checking the forum often hoping someone will post delayed pics of an elk or deer hunt because we are in that odd time of year where we are waiting for Elk results, there is practically no big game hunts and turkey season is still weeks away.

This time of year always gets me. If it wasn't for the Javi hunts I am sure I would go crazy

Other states get seasonal depression due to the months of snow. I get hunters' depression between Jan. deer and spring turkey.

• Like 6

I got my javelina in mid-January, never could get out for deer in January beyond that one day, and had to scrap my daughter's javi hunt because of her soccer schedule. We couldn't make up for it with 2nd tags in February because of soccer, family trip, and life. Turkey season can't get here fast enough!! Neither can credit card charges and shed hunting time!

Stir crazy is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

At least here You can Fish or get out and scout Your hunting areas and enjoy it. I recently spent allmost 5 years in North Dakota. Talk about getting deppresed in the winter. Temp down to -30 ,Wind chills to -60. Now I'm gone and this winter aint been as bad up there. I would work and stay inside when not working. And yes ,guess what they do drink a lot up there. Yotebuster on this site lives there but has a good buss. Big family farm to hunt and is from there. He's probly used to it. We are truely blessed down here, and I don't care what they say about Summers here. In Summer you still do pretty normal life . Cut grass ,Yard work. Golf ,swimming.ETC. Being away from here makes You realize What You have in this great State. And now the oil field its bust up there, I'M glad I came back when I did. About the only thing I liked up there was closeness to Montana and Wyoming for hunting. Here tho We have New Mexico, Mexico ,and Colorado all next door. Go outside and look at the blue sky, the mountains and don't put the 10 layers of clothes on. Enjoy ARIZONA..............BOB!

Checking the forum often hoping someone will post delayed pics of an elk or deer hunt because we are in that odd time of year where we are waiting for Elk results, there is practically no big game hunts and turkey season is still weeks away.

This time of year always gets me. If it wasn't for the Javi hunts I am sure I would go crazy

Other states get seasonal depression due to the months of snow. I get hunters' depression between Jan. deer and spring turkey.

Go shoot a wolf.... Did I say wolf, damned auto correct, meant federal ferel dog or coyote
  • Like 5

Totally agree tough time of year. I find myself checking out several other forums for that lone elk hunt report!

Draw can't get here quick enough!

luckily calling coyotes is my favorite thing to do

I thought that was hoggin in the Scottsdale bars???

• Like 2

No no no, we got low class hogs right here in east Mesa. if I had to choose between a called coyote and a horny fat chick I'd take the coyote though

• Like 2

No no no, we got low class hogs right here in east Mesa. if I had to choose between a called coyote and a horny fat chick I'd take the coyote though

I hear ya. I think that we've all bagged a fox or two, only to find that in the sobering light of morning they were actually coyotes all along. God, I loved that bar!

What's your favorit coyote call? Mine was always, "Hey girl, let's get outta here and go find a Jack-in-the-box... I knoooooow you're hungry..... "

Ohh crap, I got confused, that was the hog call.

• Like 2