Big Browns

Looking for a good Crossbow broadhead

Anyone have any recomendations for a good crossbow broadhead? I'm planning on using it during my Turkey hunt so I would really prefer a large expandable. Any advise would be appreciated.

Just got an xbow for my pops. Hands down...shwacker has had the best flight pattern and penetration. They even have a (3) blade but I didn't try that one, just the 2 blade.. I tested out several. stay away from 3-blade fixed if your shooting beyond 30 yards. They change the flight pattern.

what xbow are you shooting?

Thanks for the help. I just bought the PSE Tac 10 from a CW member. I've only shot it 2 times, but so far it's EXTREMELY accurate.

My son Jared used the cut on contact 100 gain Gravedigger on his bull. The crossbow shots them to 100 yards with no issues. Plus I have shot two turkey with the gravedigger without issue.

• Like 2

I've been using the rage extremes for a few years and my son also shot a pig with one with his crossbow. I plan on using it on my upcoming turkey hunt. It has a 2.3" cut and produces massive entrace holes. They are nasty heads!

Just got an xbow for my pops. Hands down...shwacker has had the best flight pattern and penetration. They even have a (3) blade but I didn't try that one, just the 2 blade.. I tested out several. stay away from 3-blade fixed if your shooting beyond 30 yards. They change the flight pattern.

what xbow are you shooting?

+1 on the swhacker. The AZ Extreme guys have posted several videos using the same crossbow (I think) for deer and javelinas using Swhackers. They seem to do very well.

SWHACKERS!!!! There is a model made for crossbows, but you can use any one they make.

post-5396-0-67445600-1456468692.jpg

I shoot fixed blade muzzy 3 blade 100 grains and they are accurate all day long at 360fps and as far as ya wanna shoot as long as you have heads tuned to fletching.

Be verrrrrry careful what is behind your turkey cuz your x-bow could shoot thru 10 birds in a row. I shot thru a muley at 84 yards no problem. Shot thru a bull elk at 12 yards and found the bolt burried so deep in a pine 30-40 yards behind it that i had to unscrew shaft and leave head in tree. THESE DUDES ARE POWERFUL.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BIRDS!!! I will be in 22

Thanks for the info guys. I'm still not sure what I will go with, but you guys helped me decide between a few different heads. I think I'm going to try the Swhacker or the Rage broadheads. I really want a large blade to ensure the Turkey doesn't fly away. I will probably change the head when I go Antelope hunting.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm still not sure what I will go with, but you guys helped me decide between a few different heads. I think I'm going to try the Swhacker or the Rage broadheads. I really want a large blade to ensure the Turkey doesn't fly away. I will probably change the head when I go Antelope hunting.

Good luck. I got an extra swhacker practice head if you want to try it out. They started including those with there orders. No blades deploy but it does have the build in wing tips to give you a feel for it. The one I have is 100gr.

My son Jared used the cut on contact 100 gain Gravedigger on his bull. The crossbow shots them to 100 yards with no issues. Plus I have shot two turkey with the gravedigger without issue.

+1 for the grave digger 100 grain thats what I use

Good luck. I got an extra swhacker practice head if you want to try it out. They started including those with there orders. No blades deploy but it does have the build in wing tips to give you a feel for it. The one I have is 100gr.

That would be great! Thanks for the offer!!!!