Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Anything going on this weekend? Looking to kill some time.

Me and wife are making our way up to the valley this weekend from Sierra Vista, it will be our last chance to get out away from the kids before she gives birth to #5. Were gonna check out Cabelas but also trying to find something interesting to do or check out while were up there. Any events going on or something really cool worth checking out? Any place to eat thats got something unique about it. Keep in mind she's ready to pop so walkin around a whole lot in the sun might not work.

PS: Anyone from PA that could recommend a legit cheesesteak or pizza place?

There is an Italian Festival in Scottsdale this weekend. Gus's near ASU has a decent NY style thin crust, sauce is a little bland and he doesn't have anchovies.

Barrows chain isn't awful but it isn't like back east pizza. Thick dough never cooked all the way through, too much cheese which is why you usually see people in there eating it with a fork.

having a yard sale.... rip roaring good time. ha ha.

Actually, chandler bbq festival is Saturday afternoon 12-10. lotsa good eats

• Like 1

Thanks guys, some pretty good ideas so far. Any more random ideas? I know there's an aquarium up there. Any other places to check out that everyone should see or do at least once? Museums, comedy clubs whatever?

Trump will be here in Fountain Hills on Saturday. I can't go since I am already committed to the yearly Southwest Aquarium Keepers Event in Phoenix but it should be an event not to miss.

• Like 1

If you're heading to Cabelas anyway, I think its worth another 15 minutes to drive out to Verado and have some of the woodfire pizza at Ciao Grazie. That's my wife & I's favorite 'date-night' venue, and Verado is a dang nice spot to go for a stroll, although with your wife being ready to pop & what not, maybe just go for a drive around the neighborhood.

Trump will be here in Fountain Hills on Saturday. I can't go since I am already committed to the yearly Southwest Aquarium Keepers Event in Phoenix but it should be an event not to miss.

Not sure there would be room for my wife's stomach and his huge ego. I used to like the idea of Trump but his inability to play nice with the other kids in the sandbox frightens me a little. You remember the Christopher Walken movie I think it was the dead zone. Trump will fly nukes when Putin mocks his combover.

Besides the fish keepers event sounds more fun. What exactly is this event? I'd also be interested in finding a badass fish shop with nice cichlids. Had an ick outbreak and lost all my favorite fish.

chandler bbq festival. ive never been but its pretty popular i think,

I knew you had it in you to give a helpful contribution. I'm glad our little lovers quarrel is behind us.

chandler bbq festival. ive never been but its pretty popular i think,

I knew you had it in you to give a helpful contribution. I'm glad our little lovers quarrel is behind us.

I've had too many quarrels I don't remember. But if you like Bernie sanders we can feud it up again

• Like 2

Nah, Im pretty sure they're all full of shite regardless of the letter behind their name. I guess well just have to keep things civil.

But who knows what the future can bring???