208muley

Gunsmith needed!

So I need a gunsmith to mount a rail on my kids rem 870 shotgun for his upcoming turkey hunt. I'm doing it so I can put a holographic sight on the gun to aid with aiming. He is only 10 and having a bit of a problem looking down the rib properly. The problem is that the gun isn't tapped and that is what I need done to mount the rail.

Who do you all use? I live in the north valley if that helps. I don't care where the smith is located as long as they are in the valley. Thanks in advance.

Have you looked into something like this? I used one to mount a red dot to my son's youth 870. It works great and only took a few minutes to install using existing holes. Be sure to get the right size as the youth model and traditional are different.

Weaver also makes a cheaper polymer version, but I prefer the durability of the aluminum version. The Weaver is a "one size fits all" version with extra hardware to make it fit either shotgun. But it is not as solid on the gun as the aluminum version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000MX3SVI/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post-6408-0-12025500-1459217739_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well crap!!! That would work! I guess I need to send the rail back to midway. Hopefully they take it back!

I have a red dot for the 870 that uses the same pins if you want to use it. Did the same thing for my son when he was 10 for turkey. In queen creek. Work in Mesa. Let me know.

It was on a 20ga 870. I can't remember if it was on the youth shotgun or not. That was a few years ago and now he is 6 foot tall and eats everything he sees. If you are nearby you can take it and see if will work.

• Like 2

Seeing as tho I already bought the rail and found a smith to tap and mount it for a reasonable price I decided to go that route. I really really appreciate the offer to borrow one! There are still some good dudes left! Thanks again...