Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

offshore

i would not want to disturb the tension of the draw process but......good news wins out....

'dego fleet is spooling up for day-and-a-half bluefin TUNA trips starting tomorrow night. the pair of boats out saturday had easy 2-fish limits of 15-35lb shortfin in U S waters.

lee

• Like 3

We had a boat booked 2 months ago and they canceled on us. I bailed out but I think my buddies got on one of the rooster boats.

all boats this week came out of it with 2 fish limits of 25-35lb bft. and colonett gave up full limits of yellows

nothing on the horizon to turn this season around. wind some line 'n burn some gas boys 'n girls....

lee

don't assume. me should know this.

sat 4-2 was a bit down outside. buzz on the prowler and the boat out of seaforth did not get two per angler this day. and weights came in 18 to 24 for the most part.

lee

ps public reports at 976tuna click on on=the=water reports

now that I figured out how to share links.............this was last fall way way way down south. worth a watch.....they use kites and helium balloons to keep the bait shallow...or in this case somewhere near sea level....

https://l.facebook.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Finstagram.com%2Fp%2F-eVxGLP1X-%2F&e=ATM7_Z3VVVgjts-D4XYKZI_LKfV6PMNfOMNuwX-JNNW0IZ8HDPZ4CsFuikA1tZc6

Oy. I would be very scared to type in 976tuna in a Web search!

I have original 1985 tackle box stickers from when you DIALED 976-tuna on the phone........

lee

Had a friend from Tonto Basin go out on Top Gun a couple weeks ago and everyone limited out in 2 1/2 hrs once they found them. It was on a day & half trip on blue fin. I hear it was the earliest ever for that. By the time they got back to the dock it was all over the news and boats were booking up.

I know nothing about deep sea fishing just what he told me. Average were 30lbs. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Curious, what do these trips cost on average per person? And where are the charters? Rocky point or further south?