Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Just want to vent

Late archery hunts do suck! Regardless of whether or not you can shoot a big bull or not, they suck. The weather is usually soupy, the elk are all roughed up and broken, and they could care less about screaming their lungs out. Can't be put in same category as an early elk tag. Yes success can be had, but it's more like a deer hunt than an elk hunt. There I've said it! Now that I've drawn I may seriously consider a late hunt because although they suck, they suck a lot less than sitting at home.

This

• Like 1

G & F conspiracy theory ..... First timers draw more often to get them hooked and produce a higher currency flow ;) haha all joking aside, my 2 little sisters both put in this year for the first time with 0 points... And pulled early archery tags... 7 points here.... Nada. I'll still be in the woods come September and. Those girls will be hitting the archery range all summer long

• Like 1

Negative to positive: Didn't get drawn again. Going to take the $135 and put it in my new bow fund.

• Like 1

Do you love to hunt elk? -OR- Do you love a trophy elk? In this situation I feel you cannot LOVE both. One is love while the other Is just lust. Seems people fall into either of these two categories. Just my observations in this thread. This is strictly as it pertains to the state of Arizona. Now the people who travel for both very well may be two timing cheaters if you get my drift.

Longshooter Larry, I'm off on Monday I will give You a call. I'm Stayin at Eddys place till My wife sells our Mobile home in N.Dakota. If it doesnt sell by end of Summer its going back to the Bank, cause I aint goin back there. 4.5 Years of oil field and inbreds was enough. I could vent all night about North Dakota, but nobody in America would care..............BOB!

• Like 1