Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Just want to vent

I'm posting just to vent my frustration. my dad & I both had 5 points going into the draw & we both struck out again this year.

Today I find out from a friend he & his dad drew tags in the same unit we put in for with 0 points. this was their first time

putting in for elk, I am happy for them, but frustrated they draw with 0 points & we strike out. Oh well I'm done bitching!!

Good luck to all who drew & have a great season full of life long memories!!!!

• Like 1

That happens in every draw. When you don't have enough points to be in the bonus pass everyone has a chance in the random draw. Yes more points equal more raffle tickets, but you are not guaranteed. Better get used to it if your going to play the game in states with bonus points instead of preference points.

It doesn't bother me anymore. I know that's the way the game works. The reality is drawing tags is getting harder and harder each year.

• Like 1

Better question--- Do we have any non-residents out there who swung for the fences with the new non-resident tag allocations and hit a home run??

I didn't get drawn for elk or antelope. 23 points for antelope and 5 for elk and I put in for easy to draw elk tags. oh well that's how it goes. Maybe if everyone keeps bitching they'll make everything over the counter and everybody can have their early bull tag instead of waiting 20 years. Then we can an all switch our bitch to there ain't no big elk left cause they made it over the counter. It's a no win situation for either side

• Like 1

I have heard of more 1st timers applying and getting a tag.....Might be something to it....?????

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of first timers draw. Had a buddy and his son who had Archery antelope tags last year draw two more rifle antelope tags this year. Just never know! I don't mind it because that's just how our draw works. I've been the recipient of tags others have waited 15 years for and I've also been the one waiting 15 years while other guys who put in first time draw. Always nice having that thought of any year can be your year to draw. But sucks when you have to wait til the bonus pass 15 years later.

I didn't want to be the first but glad someone said this. I know you can get a tag almost every year if you want to do some really low odd crappy tough as heck hunt you need to do 10 years before you get it figured out. I understand me not getting the tag I want which is early archery but as of now my daughter and dad and son has struck out on elk for several years, we are all new to hunting and I can see they are about done with it, 4 years now for late cow and no tags, my buddy drew with zero points first year putting in, my other buddies got tags 3 of the 4 years all same hunt. I understand the system is what it is but it sucks, it needs to be updated, it won't stop me from putting in but it still sucks.

• Like 1

No amount of updates will solve the problem. All current draw systems have issues. We have little supply for the amount of demand.

If you want to hunt more you need to start hunting out of state!