Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Event for CWT Member, Father, Family Member and Friend

Dear CouesWhitetail Members,

Thank you for reading this topic.

A benefit that includes a golf tournament and a fund raising banquet will be held on June 24 and 25 at the Star Pass Marriott Resort and Spa for a fellow CWT Member, avid hunter, father and friend.

Warner Smith was diagnosed with ALS two years ago (http://www.alsa.org/about-als/) and could use some help from the hunting community. We are looking for sponsors and accepting donations for this event.

Warner is a native of Arizona and grew up in San Manuel. He is an avid hunter and chased the grey ghost all his life. He is a graduate of University of Arizona. He played for the Wildcats during the “Desert Swarm” era and also played for the Indianapolis Colts and the Arizona Rattlers.

ALS is a disease that does not discriminate. It has stricken a fellow hunter and in a very short time his ability to "hump the hills" of Arizona has been taken away from him. Now he and his family are faced with medical bills and the high costs of modifying his home and vehicle.

Please help a fellow hunter and participate in the great event. To sign up for the Golf Tournament please go to:

http://callemin.wix.com/givewarnerachance#!shop/e9k93

Not a golfer or able to attend the event? Please purchase one of the limited 300 raffle tickets for your chance at winning some great prizes. The link to purchase a ticket is:

http://callemin.wix.com/givewarnerachance#!product-page/nut1h/d99d3cc8-bc75-ec47-6c72-f713016f98f3

Each ticket is $100 and you have a 1 in 20 chance of winning:

1. $5000 in cash

2. $2500 in cash

3. $1500 in cash

4. Apple Laptop Computer

5. Diamond Tennis Bracelet

6. Vortex Viper HD 10x50

7. Go Pro Hero 4

8. Apple iPad

9. Cannon Camcorder

10. $500 in cash

11. Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones

12. $250 in cash

14. Garmin Fitness Watch

15. $100 in cash

A Go Fund Me page has been setup for Warner. Any donation amount goes a long way.

gofundme.com/2m59mcgs

To learn more about Warner's story please visit:

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/former-wildcat-and-nfl-player-fights-als-fundraiser-seeks-to-help

If you have any questions please call me: 48O 273 7940 or PM me.

Thank You,

Andy Stephens

Warner tri fold flyer (1).pdf

post-295-0-62197600-1460843669_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

For those of you who don't know what ALS does to you here it is... Imagine being completely and mentally intact and understand everything going on around you but slowly over time you lose the ability to control your own body movements. It might start with loss of mobility in your arms until your completely bedridden and can't even lift a spoon or a drink to your face, or even speak for that matter. Eventually it ends with not being able to swallow and being fed through a stomach tube or asphyxiating. Keep in mind you are completely aware. It's terrible. It's a truly heartbreaking thing to watch a loved one go through this.

Ive watched my dad slowly decline over the last few years. He has a rare slower moving form of it which is less aggressive then what other folks have had. that has afforded me to be able to spend some time with him. I usually go hang out with him on Sundays and watch movies, can't talk much because I can't really understand him. It's hard watching my mom go through it too. It's an incredible amount of work to take care of him and she's at her wits end, on the verge of mental breakdown on any given day. My wife and I just had a 5th kid, I own a couple business and we are all overwhelmed and can help very little. I wish I had enough to have someone there full time.

Redman, Does the family have a wheelchair vehicle? Since my dads in the bed their vehicle is for sale. It's an ugly boxy looking minivan but its functional. She also has an exercise "bike" specifically for leg exercises. I can find out if they have anything else.

I'm truly sorry to hear abut your buddy, he will be in our families prayers for sure.

• Like 5

This sucks! I'm not familiar with the disease it self but my wife is suffering with something less d it's still hard to deal with. I pray for your families and hope they find peace. Not sure what to really say.

• Like 1

Pictures from Warners previous two coues hunts! We had a blast and can't wait for the fall!

post-295-0-46364600-1460859090_thumb.jpegpost-295-0-24595200-1460859134_thumb.jpegpost-295-0-10519100-1460859178_thumb.jpegpost-295-0-86528400-1460859236_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

That's awesome hes still getting out! You guys got him doing the champ hunt? I think it's total bs they don't give more good hunts for champ and youth hunts. Kinda torques me off.

• Like 1

Picture from 2006, Warner carried my deer out of unit 30B for over 3 miles in the Mule Mountains!!

post-295-0-44064000-1460859588_thumb.jpg

Lion hunt from 2011, once again he carried it out for a few miles... in 33

post-295-0-78176700-1460859680_thumb.jpg

post-295-0-08388100-1460859762_thumb.jpg

post-295-0-18478900-1460859863_thumb.jpg

My son's Tyler's first javi hunt

post-295-0-36759100-1460860241_thumb.jpg

Hundreds of pictures.... I have of us tromping the hills

post-295-0-43815600-1460860298_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That's awesome hes still getting out! You guys got him doing the champ hunt? I think it's total bs they don't give more good hunts for champ and youth hunts. Kinda torques me off.

We used to walk mile upon miles to shoot a deer,... now old age and wisdom have taught us to find them close to the road... and then have my son fetch them!!

• Like 2

One of the nicest "big fellas" you'll ever meet.

• Like 1

What a terrible diagnosis. Will keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

The $5000 grand prize would fund many coues adventures..... been waiting to hunt Mexico? $100 raffle ticket could get you there..

• Like 1

Life is so precious. Enjoy every day at every age. You never know.. God bless this Man...............BOB!

• Like 2

Just donated. Thoughts and prayers for Warner and his family. A guy I went to college with has ALS and he started up an organization, Augie's Quest (http://www.augiesquest.org/). They fund ALS research through the ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI). Warner might want to check out the site and the various resources on the site. Praying major treatment breakthroughs occur in the near future.

• Like 2