Sign in to follow this  
Wrk2Hnt

23N early rifle bull!

Boy is it getting crazy on here lately.......no I'm not asking for help, spots, advise, etc. I have been in the unit on late rifle bull hunts helping others and looking for bears. Ill put in my work and figure out everything i can. Just enjoying my (probably once in a lifetime tag). Got lucky and pulled tag 15 of 15. Tell me some stories and show me some pictures of the monsters you guys have tracked down in this unit to get me even more amped up. Trying to keep the good mood going for 5 months lol.

• Like 6

Congrats on the tag and good luck on the hunt

Wowza. Congrats. How many BP if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you. I plan on getting my 7yo up to Haigler this summer for a few overnighters looking for elk and fishing. If anyone is up there and sees a silver lifted 4runner with skull works decal on the back with a cwt sticker on top of it that's me. Don't be shy, I'll probably offer you a beer.

• Like 1

I'll probably get a lot of crap for saying how many points I had but what the heck! I had 2 points (hunters safety and loyalty). I never expected to draw the tag and have been putting it on my apps as first choice for only about 6 years. It shows how much luck has to play in the draw. I'm very much grateful for the tag and as anyone that knows me can agree I will bust my butt on this hunt. Every hunt I get I take the week or sometimes two weeks off work for each one and glass until my eyes fall out, then walk a few miles and glass some more. I usually help other people get the "trophy" they want and I seem to settle for something less on the last day. Now it's my turn to get my "trophy". I still consider all my harvested animals trophy and will cherish the memories forever. Just really want at least a 350 bull this year. Lol

• Like 7

Congrats on the lucky draw. I haven't had a tag since 1999, but I don't hold it against you. Good luck on the hunt.

• Like 2

Oh man...enjoy every second! Dad and I drew 2 of 15 in 2013 (with 4BPs) and 14 yr old cousin drew it in 2014 with 0BPs (not even a HS point). Has become my hands down favorite unit. PM me your email and I'll send you some info...

As you see, we're not the "hold out for a giant and risk going home empty handed" family...we all found bulls we were proud to put on the wall.

Cousin's bull: he shot it in a downpour while he and another bull were fighting. Unfortunately he chose the smaller of the two and we couldn't find the broken beam....but he was thrilled with it! IMG_2044_zpsa0b9d476.jpg

Dad's bull: DSCN1890_zpsfae4b686.jpg

My bull: 1376509_169035593287675_1255323851_n_zps

Enjoy every minute...you'll see a lot of bulls, so wait for the one you want!

• Like 1

Good luck man and keep us posted. We would all love to hear how it turns out. Congrats on the tag, no one here can give you any crap about how many points you had, it's not like you picked yourself.

Nice bulls. I would have a hard time not pulling the trigger on any of them. My biggest bull so far is a 4x5 rag horn.

Great hunt. My brother and I had that same hunt last year, we were the last two tags. Hold out for a big one! If i can figure out how to post pictures i will. I got a 363 bull, but i did see a couple bigger bulls.

• Like 2