Sign in to follow this  
Wrk2Hnt

23N early rifle bull!

Few hours to go. Still getting stuff ready even tho I had tons of time to prep. Getting pretty pumped despite the lousy elk reports lately.

Few hours to go. Still getting stuff ready even tho I had tons of time to prep. Getting pretty pumped despite the lousy elk reports lately.

please do not go into that hunt thinking the quality or quantity of elk is depleted. that is possibly the most coveted public land elk hunt in the United States. you will do great. don't shoot the first bull you see.

• Like 3

It has been a relatively slow hunt all over the state, this next week will be awesome. Good luck.

• Like 1

He could always hunt the Rez if it's too slow. I hear everyone's doing it.

Now that's some funny shiz right there.

I hear similar things.

Lousy elk reports from lousy elk hunters most likely.

Not necessarily.

The lousy conditions were pretty much a fact (in many areas, but not all). Being a lousy elk hunter had nothing to do with it.

I commented on the lousy conditions in my area, but I never complained about them (maybe a little).

I would still take the lousy conditions any day over not having a tag though. Hunting is hunting.

But some of us still got lucky and put some meat in the freezer.

Lousy elk reports from lousy elk hunters most likely.

Not necessarily.

The lousy conditions were pretty much a fact (in many areas, but not all). Being a lousy elk hunter had nothing to do with it.

I commented on the lousy conditions in my area, but I never complained about them (maybe a little).

I would still take the lousy conditions any day over not having a tag though. Hunting is hunting.

But some of us still got lucky and put some meat in the freezer.

It's just getting good

Plenty of 220-230 bulls. Still searching for the big guy. Bulging alright, weather is different every day. Had rain, hot, cold, windy, smokey. ....

• Like 1