Sign in to follow this  
Cage

Sako 7.82 Lazzeroni Warbird with PICS

Looking to see how many people would be interested in buying this gun, I haven't completely decided if I want to get rid of it yet though. I have had it for years now and I am looking to sell it to buy a cheaper shooting long range rifle. The ballistics on this gun are unreal. I have killed 4 deer and a bear with it now. I have all the reloading dies and some brass to go with it. As well as the information on the reloading data. It has had approx. 60 rounds through it. Everything included I think I would let it go for around 1500.

It does have some minor signs of wear and tear on the stock from hunting but not much

post-12173-0-66702800-1461701469_thumb.jpg

post-12173-0-35229700-1461701480_thumb.jpg

post-12173-0-00261100-1461701492_thumb.jpg

post-12173-0-19646000-1461701500_thumb.jpg

I would say that's a good deal, not seeing the rifle. I always wanted one of those but never made the deal because of their proprietary components. I'm a lefty so I wouldn't be able to use it. I didn't know they would build from a Sako. Did you have them build it? I would love to see pics.

$1 to look at it, $2 to touch it, $3 to watch me touch it

I used to hunt the same piece of ground that mr lazzeroni did. Met him a few times. Interesting guy. The ranch keeper/manager got a .308 warbird as a tip for his services. Every year after he got ammo for a year and other goodies as a tip. I stopped going there when a bullet from that gun almost killed me lol. No story to tell but it was a good time.

Great rifle. Where are you located? I picked up one of the Lazzeroni Patriot several years ago which is the short mag version if the Warbird made by Savage. If you decide to sell the rifle I would be very interested.

For a meticulous hand loader looking for an ELR round, this is a great cartridge. Better speed than a .300RUM even. Like a 180 @ 3400-3500+ Sako usually shoots pretty well too. If it is a 1 in 10" with a long throat, the 215-230s would scream out of it.

Specs on rifle?

Barrel length?

Twist rate?

Weight?

Magazine length?

How many pieces of brass?

How does it shoot?