Sign in to follow this  
Pac8541

Bino harness

What's the best one you guys have used? I need to replace a Kuiu one I just sold and although it worked well for me, there were certainly things it could have done better. Been looking at the Alaskan Guide Creations one, or whatever its called. That looks like it may be a winner.

Definitely the Alaskan Guide Creations. He has recently made some improvements and is constantly working to make the best product. He is a great guy on top of that!

• Like 1

Totally convinced, thanks for all the input. I particularly like the fact that the binos attach to the harness independently of the load bearing straps. That's one thing I didn't like about the Kuiu item. I was constantly tightening the chest strap because the bino compartment would sneak its way down my chest every time I removed the binos. And putting them back in always seemed to require both hands because of that. I did like the matching camo cuz I'm geeky like that. I'll be the one you guys are making fun of around a campfire one day...

• Like 1

Another vote for AGC. I really like that the binos are completely covered/protected. The KISS model w/max pocket on bottom is what I went with because of how compact it is. I really like it.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about getting a AGC now.... What do you guys recommend? I've never owned a cool bino harness I just use the 20 dollar strap harness from Cabelas .. My buddy let me borrow his Badlands to try out and that was pretty cool I liked the magnetic open / close lid because it was super quiet.

• Like 2

I am going to throw away my strap harness asap. Almost busted my teeth out. Made a small jump off a boulder and my binos bounced up and hit me in the face. Upgrading for sure.

I am going to throw away my strap harness asap. Almost busted my teeth out. Made a small jump off a boulder and my binos bounced up and hit me in the face. Upgrading for sure.

I got rid of mine a long time ago when I did something similar and bloodied my nose.

I'm thinking about getting a AGC now.... What do you guys recommend? I've never owned a cool bino harness I just use the 20 dollar strap harness from Cabelas .. My buddy let me borrow his Badlands to try out and that was pretty cool I liked the magnetic open / close lid because it was super quiet.

You can find some good deals on AGC harnesses. They come in some nice colors & camos too.

Anyone tried modifying a Kuiu so that the harness attaches directly to the case? Maybe the bino strap could then feed through a buckle. I'm thinking this because one of the things I DO like about the Kuiu is the direction the top flap opens. Opening to the front leaves the compartment open for reinsertion. Going with the AGC KISS model is probably the route I'd need to go since my rangefinder is an older Leica that's too big to fit in that front pouch on the CUB but I really like the zippered side pouches instead of mesh and elastic. Those side pockets on the Kuiu are almost unusable for me cuz they're so tight. Taking a wind checker out still requires 2 hands to get it back in. And of course, the AGC KISS has elastic and mesh... wtf. Seems like my ideal product has yet to be produced.

I got rid of mine a long time ago when I did something similar and bloodied my nose.

So I'm not the only one. I tried to jump up to grab a branch and binos nailed my nose. I was on my knees for a good 30 seconds.

I have no complaints with my Badlands

If I had to pick one it would FHF gear. I buy the size larger than suggested so I can run my binos with one hand during a stalk. The FHF ones are like a more trim version of the AGC. The FHF straps are much better if hot out. Both are very good quality and honestly owning both would fit all situations. The biggest advantage to AGC is they block dust a little better.

If you walk a lot when it is hot out get the FHF gear for sure.

If you ride quads a lot get AGC.

If I had to pick one it would FHF gear. I buy the size larger than suggested so I can run my binos with one hand during a stalk. The FHF ones are like a more trim version of the AGC. The FHF straps are much better if hot out. Both are very good quality and honestly owning both would fit all situations. The biggest advantage to AGC is they block dust a little better.

If you walk a lot when it is hot out get the FHF gear for sure.

If you ride quads a lot get AGC.

I've heard some comments about the FHF being noisy due to the fabric. Have you found that to be the case? Guys have complained about anything contacting or rubbing against it causing enough noise to spook game. I looked through their website and will buy his Ballistic Rangefinder Pouch for my older Leica 1200. Love the dude's experience and would feel great spending my money with a guy like that. But if his stuff blows my only shot at a late bull, I'd have to pass. On the other hand, maybe that'd be more about my own bad decision than his fabric choices.

Edit: You wouldn't happen to be in the east valley, would you? I'd like to see one in person.