Sign in to follow this  
krp

Point Guard

How much should I charge to proxy my 12 elk BPs on someone else's app?

Or should I wait till my granddaughter is 10 and use my points to get her a 10 BP bull hunt?

Either way I will give my tag back and use my points the next year.

Kent

Looks like a great idea if you ask me! You can come up with all the conspiracies you want on it if you'd like. Fact of the matter is they still average your points in a group so if you want to hunt with your daughter you can go into draw with 6 BP not 10. Also you can do it only once so you can't continually piggy back off of them.

• Like 2

My granddaughter is 4, in 6 years I'll have 18 and she'll have 1 HE = 19, average 10. The next year I'll have 19.

Conspiracy... LOL, G&F shelved this a few years ago because some of us went to meetings and explained the possible implications.

USO and other tag/app services are running the numbers.

Of course giving back a quality tag that someone else wanted is no big deal, or how it is reissued.

Kent

• Like 1

Great idea! Sometimes circumstances arise where this can benefit us. I'm not worried about people abusing it. You can only do it once. If you get your daughter a great tag, good on you.

Well, it's a done deal.

Actually I can get her 2 tags in 2 years if I'm willing to take a 10 BP tag the second.

Proxy applicants are the real danger for the future.

And the amount of tags given back.

Kent

Well, it's a done deal.

Actually I can get her 2 tags in 2 years if I'm willing to take a 10 BP tag the second.

Proxy applicants are the real danger for the future.

And the amount of tags given back.

Kent

Then you'd be doing all the guys with 19 a favor. Still seems like a win win. You've always had the opportunity to round down in a party. Why are you so butt hurt about it now? Nevada has had this same system for years and years. Guides, DIY'ers, young, old, rich and poor all like it. They issue the returned tags on a return list to next in line. You can opt out of that list if you want. Win win for all party's, except KRP apparently. By the way, how much you want to average me up to a 4b archery tag next year, I have 4. I'll even pay your $5 for the point guard.

• Like 1

I'm just telling you what's going to happen.

soon my wife will draw a cow tag every year .

You'll have to out bid USO, they have clients wanting to hunt unit 10 late rifle in their camp years sooner. You will draw 4B with 5 BPs.

The howling's going to start when late bull hunts in 23, 10, 9 come up on the giveback list.

Kent

If the tags are returned to the dept they go to the next person in line. Or you can donate them to one of the two org's that take sick kids or wounded vets out...

If a tag is turned in the dept can do whatever it wants to with it. They will probably sell it to the richest bidder.

If the tags are returned to the dept they go to the next person in line. Or you can donate them to one of the two org's that take sick kids or wounded vets out...

so maybe the year i get called on a returned tag, do i have to make a split decision over the phone 2 weeks out from a trophy hunt?

so maybe the year i get called on a returned tag, do i have to make a split decision over the phone 2 weeks out from a trophy hunt?

Nope, 1 day.

First bullet.

Here is the process to surrender a hunt permit-tag:

• A hunt permit-tag must be surrendered prior to the close of business the day before the start of that particular hunt.