GreyGhost85

Dear max point holders,........

Will someone post or PM me the link to the data for the sheep taken in last years 2015 hunt. I tried finding it on the game and fish website for a while and couldn’t find it. I also looked on ADBSS website but they only have 2014 and earlier. Thanks.

PM me your email and I will share the report with whoever needs it. It is not published on the web as far as I know.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that 20% of the tags and 20% of the max point holders are not the same. Should have cleared for sure but they all want 22 and 24B. Many, many of them could have been drawn years ago if they had different unit preferences.

• Like 2

you are correct. at least 20 a year should be cleared out though?

PM me your email and I will share the report with whoever needs it. It is not published on the web as far as I know.

Thanks, I figured it was out because Jay Scott kept referencing it in his pod cast.

This one might get me some guff out of some guys but it's a calculated gripe. 47 out of 117 max point holders alone applied for 22 last year. if those same 47 guys and only them keep applying for 22 every year, it will take around 10-16 years (depending on if the tag number stays at 2 or goes back up to 4) for just the max point holders to clear out of that unit. Add in the 24's and around 80 max holders will most likely be applying for 6 tags this year. the top end has been shot out of those units and they are killing bigger rams elsewhere that these max point holders could be guaranteed to draw. If the max holders would start spreading out a little bit it would really help a lot of the guys with say 25 and 26 BP's that at this rate my never draw a sheep tag. I know the point creep will never stop, and I personally never anticipate drawing a sheep tag but it sure would be nice to see some other guys have a good chance while they can still walk. To each their own i guess and I can't hate on a guy that only wants to hunt where he wants to hunt, but if some guys did a little more research it would sure help them, and a lot of good guys under them in BP's.

Just remember the bonus round for bighorn doesn't work like deer or elk. Even if you were the only one with max points in a given unit, does not mean you will be guaranteed the tag. You still have be the first 20% drawn with the lowest number within the max point pool of around 117. So you have about 17% chance of getting selected before the 20% quota is reached. If you do get picked then you will be guaranteed the tag. The odds are a little higher than this as people only putting in for 22 and 24 or such units don't have a chance even if they were drawn very early but the 2 or 3 tags were already taken. So 17+% is obviously much better than the 1-3% in the random draw but definitely not guaranteed even if you put in for the "worst" units. You still have to be luckier than the other 100+ max pool guys.

• Like 1

Thanks, I figured it was out because Jay Scott kept referencing it in his pod cast.

Cool. Now shoot it to me cuz I can't find it either.

Maybe someone could clarify for me, on how this works?

If I have 20 bonus points, I have "20" randomly drawn numbers assigned to me, and my lowest NUMBER is my "Order of Draw," which (after the Max 20%) starts with "Order of draw" #1. Is that right?

(So, if that is right)..... statistically, my odds are better than JoeHunter with 1 bonus point. I had 20 chances for a low number and JH had one. ???

• Like 1

Maybe someone could clarify for me, on how this works?

If I have 20 bonus points, I have "20" randomly drawn numbers assigned to me, and my lowest NUMBER is my "Order of Draw," which (after the Max 20%) starts with "Order of draw" #1. Is that right?

(So, if that is right)..... statistically, my odds are better than JoeHunter with 1 bonus point. I had 20 chances for a low number and JH had one. ???

Correct. But when you think about it when you have 19 more chances than the other guy but 100,000 people are applying is 19 really that much better than 1? It's better but mathematically insignificant really.
  • Like 1

Right but me and thousands of other bonus points that the holders are in the 20's vs a guy that has one or two points in the draw? And your talking about (with say 100 tags) 80 tags left after the 20%. It should rarely, if ever happen. And as we've seen, it seems to be quite common.

I wanna go hunting! Wait, I know of a guide with a helicopter....anyone have one of those net shooting guns? IT looks like fun!

The 11 year old who starts applying now will eventually be a "max point holder" if he lives til he is 99 because everyone older than him will be dead. So saying he will never get there is not correct. This is always the case for every kid. You start applying and live to be very old, you will either draw, or eventually be a Max point holder. People die.

The 11 year old who starts applying now will eventually be a "max point holder" if he lives til he is 99 because everyone older than him will be dead. So saying he will never get there is not correct. This is always the case for every kid. You start applying and live to be very old, you will either draw, or eventually be a Max point holder. People die.

You're joking right? If I live to be 150 maybe I can go sheep hunting too. There are a ton of hypothetical situations but more than likely the 11 year old and even myself will never be max point holders (I have 15 points which in reality is nothing) and odds say we will never draw. There's always a chance but statistically speaking it's not gonna happen. And let me know how a 99 year old person does on their sheep hunt.