Jazz

7E Scout Trip

Lance, DFM- thanks for the hints. I appreciate it!!

• Like 1

7E for archery Is awful. People everywhere, road hunters galore, dust and dirt all over your camp, and other hunters spooking deer all over. I'd avoid 7E for archery if I were you.

As for elk, should be a pretty easy hunt. There are a ton of elk in that unit, and finding a cow should be pretty easy. If I were you I'd be scouting a bit more north of the white horse hills. Especially for the December hunt.

Totally agree. Especially about the deer hunting. I've been there/hunted it the last 3 years. I don't think I will this year as the crowds are ridiculous. Getting off the beaten path is mandatory and even then, I found hunters on top of every mountain I hiked in to. There are some good deer in there but be prepared to bust your butt to beat the other guys to them. And of course road hunting is rampant up there. Great place to get out of the heat though!

The year I had a tag there was a mountain bike race on the back side of mountain. They started on the west side of unit and finished on east side. Not sure if they still have it but it definitely affected the elk and the hunters.

That being said, I ended up being successful but it was one of the tougher hunts I had ever been on. I ended up finding a secluded water hole and elk would come in the last 10 minutes of shooting light each day. Lots of deer and big black flies that bit like heck.

Good Hunting

That water hole looks familiar it off the 151 rd? If so I have never seen it that low.

Not the 151. The footage was by White Horse Hills..

Checked the cams over the weekend in 7E.

More bear than anything else I think!

post-12305-0-00845800-1471277823_thumb.jpg

post-12305-0-00765000-1471277829_thumb.jpg

post-12305-0-33221800-1471277834_thumb.jpg

post-12305-0-56204100-1471277839_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I've hunted elk there when we saw more bears than elk over a 1 week span.

• Like 1

We were up there this weekend as well, Saw a few elk. 4 bulls nothing to big but saw 2 cool goofy bulls ill try and remember to post some pictures. still seems alittle early plenty of deer and saw a nice antelope buck.