Maverick351

WTB .40 Cal pistol

I have the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield as my ccw. I know you said no sub compact, but that's a sweet little gun. With a proper IWB holster, I hardly notice it on my side.

Maybe she can take a second look.

Good luck!

Ok so I am by no means a gun guy (archery is my field or expertise) but when at sportsman's last night the guy handed us several sub compact models or so he said, and all of them left her pinky sitting underneath the mag as the grip was so short.

There was a sweet little usp compact on this site a few days ago. For a compact it still feels like a full size.

Best thing would be to have her shoot them. Go to shooters world. I think they have a ladies night or something. A sub compact 40 is usually a little too much for the ladies. If its the shorter grip she doesn't like you can always get a mag extension. Like the plus 2 on the glock 27 which actually adds 1 on the 40. Also depends on how she plans on carrying. A full size 40 is a big pistol and will probably end up staying home more often then not because it will get to be cumbersome. A compact 9 in the purse is better than the full size 40 at home in the safe.

• Like 1

I had a Sigma for many many years before I bought a Police Trade-In G22. I never had a single problem with it other than one stove pipe when I fired a round with the magazine out.

The two piece plastic recoil rod self destructed while sitting on the kitchen counter but the replaced it.

Get a m&p 40c nice and compact but you can put a grip extension on a regular m&p 15 rd mag for the extra grip length

Well she's shot before and doesn't like many of the 9mm especially after all the reports of 9s not having as much stopping power

Not to get into the 9 v 40 debate, bit with the current selection of 9mm ammo, it is a very capable firearm. I carry a 9mm for ccw.

• Like 3

I doubt that anyone who thinks the stopping power of a 9mm is inadequate would volunteer to stand in front of one when it goes off. :D

That said, Arizona Firearms and Collectibles in Tempe (and now far east Mesa) has pretty decent prices on 40's. Here is a gen 2 Glock 23 they have listed on Gunbroker for $319. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/565475126

I got my gen3 Glock 23 (police trade in) there for $359, and it was in almost new condition with night sights. They also have a Sig SP2340 for a decent price too. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/564989316

• Like 1

Firstcoues, what ammo do like or recommend for the 9mm??? I just bought one, don't know much about the ammo for this caliber.

The Hornaday Critical defense 115 grain is great ammo.

• Like 1