bowsniper

Favorite Coues Taxidermist?

I have been impressed with Dan Lees ability to bring life into his work. his artistic talent seems endless. He was able to totally create the mold for my bedded Coues deer by hand as well as the one walking down hill. Pretty amazing artist....

post-777-1239908194_thumb.jpg

post-777-1239908281_thumb.jpg

post-777-1239908379_thumb.jpg

post-777-1239908618_thumb.jpg

How have I missed this thread for two years :huh: Great mounts everyone! Plunkett mounted these four for me. The one on the top left is a little bug-eyed but other than that I think the other three look great...Dan Lee has my antelope right now and I think his work awsome can't wait til its done. Dropped my girl friends javi off at Krugers not to long ago and was very impressed with his work as well.

559.jpg

Down In Tuscson a taxidermist by the Name of Chuck Mechem does excellent coues deer actully best ive seen. Has won many awards for his work.

I chose Colton Bagnoli,biased opinion of course,he does the Archery Headquarters stuff...

post-3204-1245312521.jpg

+ 1 on Mike Vaccaro! He came highly recommended and mounted my son's first javelina. Did an excellent job!!!!!

I've also heard great things about Pat Newman out of San Manuel, but I've never had anything done by him (but I've seen some, and they look great...).

S.

:)

Very nice mounts

Hunting6....Awesome bedded buck. Thats what I want looks great.

Guest RutNHard

Where is Mark Plunketts Taxidermy located?? I have some things I need mounted and was not happy with my last Taxidermist, I dont even think he gave me the right Javelina back that I took to him.

Where is Mark Plunketts Taxidermy located?? I have some things I need mounted and was not happy with my last Taxidermist, I dont even think he gave me the right Javelina back that I took to him.

Marks shop is in Camp Verde now. He moved his business up there from the valley about 2 years ago. Send me a PM if you want his Phone Number and I will send it to you. It is best to call and set up a appiontment to drop it off to make sure he is there. He also will sometimes meet you here in town when he is here to pick up stuff. Mark does do very good work.

This is Louis U. I usually don't post on any of these sights but this topic is a good one. I have seen a lot of the work from all of the artist's mentioned here; They are all good and you won't be disappointed. But, I do want to mention a person that I truly believe to be a great artist in this industry, Chris Favour of Mount N View Taxidermy in Flagstaff. Go to MountNViewTaxidermy.com and see his work. His work is truly awesome and his turn around time is great also. He will have your mount back to you in 6 to 8 months. His pricing is competitive also.

My new favorite taxidermist, if your in the area stop in and check them out. Wild Heritage Taxidermy in Young, Az. Unit 23. They are a full service shop that does great work. I will have them do my archery buck this Aug if I get one. Here is a picture of one of their mounts. deer1.BMP

They have some cool discounts for youth hunters.

I use Mike Bieda (Pioneer Taxidermy) in Buckeye.He has incredible attention to detail and is not happy till he knows your are 110% satisfied with your trophy. All his work is return to me well within 6 months from the drop off time, sometimes 4 months. I dropped off an Antelope buck, Kaibab muley and 2 Javelina last year and received all my trophies perfectly. This spring full size turkey mounts have been returned as well... VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THE WORK!

post-3570-1250372955_thumb.jpg

post-3570-1250372988_thumb.jpg

post-3570-1250373047_thumb.jpg

post-3570-1250373068_thumb.jpg

post-3570-1250373206_thumb.jpg

I use Mike Bieda (Pioneer Taxidermy) in Buckeye.He has incredible attention to detail and is not happy till he knows your are 110% satisfied with your trophy. All his work is return to me well within 6 months from the drop off time, sometimes 4 months. I dropped off an Antelope buck, Kaibab muley and 2 Javelina last year and received all my trophies perfectly. This spring full size turkey mounts have been returned as well... VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THE WORK!