Sign in to follow this  
Huntin'AZ

Best scope under $350

You'll get a lot of opinions on this one, but I really like the Bushnell Elite 3200 for that price range. I own 2 on my most used guns and like its performance and I really like how well Bushnell's customer service helps out. Easy warranty work if it becomes needed (I found out because of damage I did, not the product being faulty). I just ordered another one to replace another companies scope on my backup rifle. Good luck.

I'd look for a used Leupold Vari-XIII 3.5-10X40 or VX-II 3-9X40. Great all-around scopes, and can be found fairly inexpensively if you're willing to go second-hand. If you must have a new scope, look at the weaver grand slams. Fantastic glass for the $. Again, 3-10x40 would be a good all-around pick.

i read around when i was about to buy a scope, and ended up going with the nikon buckmaster scope, i like it a lot, paid around 290. went with the 6-18x40

I'd look for a used Leupold Vari-XIII 3.5-10X40 or VX-II 3-9X40. Great all-around scopes, and can be found fairly inexpensively if you're willing to go second-hand. If you must have a new scope, look at the weaver grand slams. Fantastic glass for the $. Again, 3-10x40 would be a good all-around pick.

Thats what Id do!

A brand new Leupold VXI 4-14x40 is under $300. That's what I bought last summer and it's a great scope.

nikon buckmasters

A brand new Leupold VXI 4-14x40 is under $300. That's what I bought last summer and it's a great scope.

Great Opinions, and great scopes for the $$$$

Nikon, Nikon ,Nikon...............you can't go wrong .

Check out the burris fullfield II...they claim to be on the same level with the Leuopold VX II for much less $.

I just bought the 3-9x40...pleased so far. They offer the ballsitic plex reticle on several powers for under $350.

See some comparions here:

http://www.swfa.com/c-203-burris-fullfield...fle-scopes.aspx

Prices online:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-9039-203-burris-3-9...ifle-scope.aspx

http://www.swfa.com/pc-8067-203-burris-3-9...ifle-scope.aspx

http://www.swfa.com/pc-8480-203-burris-45-...ifle-scope.aspx

I bought mine at Sportsmens in Tucson for basically the same price as the online listings.

Keep an eye out for the combo-deals...Burriss packages their scopes with GPS units, etc.

Zeiss or Leupold. Wait a couple weeks and save up another $50 if you have to, it's worth the wait and extra cost.

I'm a believer in the Bushnell Elite 3200. I bought 3 a few years back after a model change and after reading an article on testing that was done on the Elite, Leupold and several others. The Elite came close to Leupold on sharpness and clarity, brightness under low light conditions and, most importantly, shock and vibe tests. Durability is a prime consideration. I believe the best optics belong in your binoculars, not your scope, but durability matters for every piece of equipment you actually need.

Many may be put off by the association with Bushnell's lower-priced, lower-quality products under the same brand name, but remember that Bushell's upper end used to be marketed as Bausch and Lomb. It's upper end is still a class act.

I have one on a .30-.338 which is essentially a .300 Win Mag or .308 Norma Magnum, and it seems to be taking the punishment just fine.