Atekie

Unit 22 - need help!

Understood, but can you give me an idea on what canyon I should focus on?

The deepest and thickest will be a good starting point.
  • Like 1

you may consider hiring a guide.

if this is going to be your first hunt, and your daughter is involved, and you want this to be a memorable experience for the both of you, it could be money well spent.

• Like 1

you may consider hiring a guide.

if this is going to be your first hunt, and your daughter is involved, and you want this to be a memorable experience for the both of you, it could be money well spent.

I agree here. I know it is expensive, but I have hunted 22. Very tough. Lots of walking and if you do find your game, the hike out can be crushing. You need 4 guys to pack it out.

I know the stuff south of 260. PM if you want to know more. Likely less hunting pressure, but the densities are lower too.

That's an excellent point. Not only do you have to find them, you have to pack it out. I'd have a recovery team avail if you don't go with a guide..

Wouldn't south of 260 be 22s? Don't want to get anyone in trouble.. just saying

^^^ very true about packing out! I'm a young guy in great shape and I started working out 2 months ago. I have the December rifle hunt. We have 3 tags to fill if we all tag out I'm looking at 9-18 miles of packing out heavy not counting hunting and going in light for recovery.

Same. Rifle cow in 7E in December. I've hit the ellipitcal/started P90 again AND North Mountain when I can.