Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

VX3I 8.5x25x56

I picked up the 6.5-20x50 Vx3i with the 30mm tube and wind plex. Scope seems pretty comparible to the the Vx3 line. They say it is "improved." I am happy it so far, but I have only sighted in a rifle and I have not put it thru it's tracking paces yet.

I have a couple of vx-3i 4.5-14x40 cds I've been using for a while. They are pretty much the same as the old vx-3, just a new coating on the glass. They do seem to be slightly better in low light.

It seems hard to find a plain ole fine duplex. I didn't research too much but most I found had Star Trek crap goin on inside them. The 8.5x25 was offered in fine duplex at optics planet for 899. With my poor eyesight I want more than 20 but being clear over 20 is the question? I'm not wanting to jump $500/1000 but considering the options. Vortex is out, can't see worth a crap out of the ones I have.

I'm going to be picking up a VXIII 8-25x40 here soon. Might be putting it up for sale if interested.

Ok I should be picking it up this week from a friend. I'll post some pics when I get it

It seems hard to find a plain ole fine duplex. I didn't research too much but most I found had Star Trek crap goin on inside them. The 8.5x25 was offered in fine duplex at optics planet for 899. With my poor eyesight I want more than 20 but being clear over 20 is the question? I'm not wanting to jump $500/1000 but considering the options. Vortex is out, can't see worth a crap out of the ones I have.

Call them. They can usually put any reticle you want in. They used to do it (for a small charge) all the time for guys who wanted a target dot or to convert scope adjustments from friction to clicks.

The 8.5-25x50 is an awesome scope and crystal clear at any power. I have the VX3 model fine duplex I bought about 2 years ago now and have it on my match gun. Tracks perfectly and I have had zero issues with it.

• Like 2