Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Running boards, mud flaps and mud!!

I got this truck last November it is the F-150 ecoboost and have loved every bit of it except!!!

post-2034-0-78245500-1470859289_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-12215800-1470859315_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-97952400-1470859331_thumb.jpg

My old 79 Ford had a wrap around the interior of the wheel well that kept mud from getting into and hanging onto all the other interior parts.

I have never had a rig with running boards but if I go through the littlest stretch of mud the running boards just pile it up.

Anybody have someplace they go to get this type of addition put onto their trucks?

Will mud flaps help keep the running boards a little less mud covered?

I understand you play in the mud you are going to get muddy but the front and rear bumper on this truck get caked inside and I see that being a potential problem!

mud flaps and fender flares is about all you can do to help tame it down

Drive through a few puddles of water on the way home.. You'll be fine.

Don't forget to change your tampon though, I hear those things can really make a mess!!

• Like 6

Seriously though, I think the mud flaps are all they sell for that and I don't think it will fix your problem.

Maybe spray some oil on the underside. This will make the mud less likely to stick and very easy to spray wash it off.. That's what we used to do in my younger "muddin" days..

Ford sells wheel well liners for their trucks. About $200 for each corner. Aftermarket, $100-$130. Not sure why Ford does not

install at factory, all other manufacturers do.

• Like 1

Go by Quality Bumper and show them your concern. Good people and should have a solution that will help ...

• Like 1

Seriously though, I think the mud flaps are all they sell for that and I don't think it will fix your problem.

Maybe spray some oil on the underside. This will make the mud less likely to stick and very easy to spray wash it off.. That's what we used to do in my younger "muddin" days..

Baby oil works well too that's what we used to run on the sprint cars and modifys in dirt track racing

Ford sells wheel well liners for their trucks. About $200 for each corner. Aftermarket, $100-$130. Not sure why Ford does not

I am kinda disappointed in myself that I didn't notice it when I bought the truck cause I think if I would have told them I wouldn't take it without them they would have put them in for me. Seems like it would be just normal factory just to help reduce rust and wear on the body!!

I am kinda disappointed in myself that I didn't notice it when I bought the truck cause I think if I would have told them I wouldn't take it without them they would have put them in for me. Seems like it would be just normal factory just to help reduce rust and wear on the body!!

If you can get a Ford PN go to Sunrise Ford in Southern California or Tousley (Auto Nation) Ford in MN for the best pricing.

My coworkers and I drive trucks exactly like that everyday harder, faster, rougher then you will ever drive that truck. There is no practical reason for one of those. They in no way effect performance or are something required.

My coworkers and I drive trucks exactly like that everyday harder, faster, rougher then you will ever drive that truck. There is no practical reason for one of those. They in no way effect performance or are something required.

I guess I am paranoid about the dirt that will just sit there and cause rust and damage where it gets trapped. I had my old ford for close to 30 years and don't see myself buying another truck for another 30 so was just worried about longevity. Guess it is an old fart thing maybe........

I guess I am paranoid about the dirt that will just sit there and cause rust and damage where it gets trapped. I had my old ford for close to 30 years and don't see myself buying another truck for another 30 so was just worried about longevity. Guess it is an old fart thing maybe........

I have the factory running boards on my F-250. Just bent one so I will have to look for another one or a pair.

I have the factory running boards on my F-250. Just bent one so I will have to look for another one or a pair.

Dang sorry about that!!!