Sign in to follow this  
drebo1212

what might this bull score?

His G1's and G2's are short, barely half way down his face. They turn up too quick and the G1's don't rise much after that. His 3's, 4's and 5's are much longer on the side without the growth off his G2, but still not really long. And his mains look to be shorter, not going out and then up, but more cutting back at an angle, and not extended too far past his G5's. Without velvet and after deductions I'd say your looking at solid 310 class bull. If he grows another inch per point before rubbing his velvet off, you got yourself a 320 class bull. 2 inches and it's a 330-340 class bull. I would have to agree that I like the added character. As he sits in those pics, I would pass on opening morning of an early archery hunt though. 14 days is just too much time to keep hunting and I know there would have to be a bigger bull around.

He is a dink, you should pass on him ;)

Seriously, I do not see why so many get hung up on the score. You know an exceptional bull when you see him and 80-90% of guys that fill their tag this year will not harvest as nice of a bull as this.

• Like 1

340 ish. + or - a few but not a bad bull by no means. Whack his butt !

I believe this bull is being grossly underestimated. I'm saying 380. He is a solid 330/340 bull with just his frame, add up the trash and you got 370/380 bull there my friend.

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating this bull

I KNOW a lot of you guys are OVERestimating this bull. His front points are extremely weak. Not much mass. Not a terribly big back end. Just because he has a big extra doesn't make everything else big. Max I could see him going is 340. And that's on a good day.

I realize from the bulls we have harvested and measured for the book that pictures can be very deceiving. Having acknowledged that, calling this bull only 320-340 is a joke in my mind.

• Like 1

I don't know that second eye guard that has the extra might be longer than it looks if it starts before the extra. I still get a 320 frame with 30 inches of extras, plus the additional 4 inches on the left third compared to the right third, so 354. I might be over estimating the extras a little. Whatever it scores its a heck of a bull and not one to pass up.

I think it is safe to say he has 25-30" of extras. Now it comes down to his 6x6 frame which I would guess around 320. I can't see his frame going over 330. All that and I'll say 350 gross.

Would love to see this bull with another year under his belt, but 95% of elk hunter would shoot him without taking a second look.

I agree he is an awesome bull that would be hard to pass but if we're talking 350+ he's not the bull you want to shoot. I hope someone gets him as I'd love to know his score. Pictures can be very deceiving and one thing I've learned a lot of time people over estimate Bulls in pictures including myself. People see a 20 inch extra point and it throws off all judgment and the bull is now a 380 bull. I'm sticking with 315-320 frame with that extra putting him around 340 but guess we will only know if someone kills him!

• Like 1