Sign in to follow this  
HUNTnTAT2

20c coues??

Hunted there quite a bit and never seen one. Wouldn't surprise me if some were there

So I found a matched set of sheds (found inches apart) that are VERY coues looking! Found very very high on a secluded mountain where no people go.

They exist. I personally know two of the WMs for 20c in the last 10 years and both said they saw Coues, but in very small numbers and in basically the same place, during flight surveys.

No eye guards on those sheds and if you look at how the g2 comes off the beam my guess is mule deer.

• Like 1

I believe those are the eye guards. Look At the very recent thread titled "basket dead head" look how similar the length of the eyeguards are off the pedicle.

208muley. Pm me. Would like to discuss some more. I've met the 42 wm who used to be the 20c wm (don't want to blast his name over public forum)

I spend quite a bit of time in there. More time below but some up top and while I have never seen one, I have been told by one of the few people I believe that they saw one. I think it was two years ago..

A small coues fork would never have eye guards that big. The basket dead head was a mature buck.

I've spent my whole life in 20c. Never seen them. And if I did I wouldn't tell a soul. Especially here. If G$F are seeing them aerial it's behind all the private ranches that are blocking access to half the unit!

Now if you saw one would you shoot it?Knowing the numbers are nil and might only be one of a few bucks in the whole unit?

• Like 1

I've spent my whole life in 20c. Never seen them. And if I did I wouldn't tell a soul. Especially here. If G$F are seeing them aerial it's behind all the private ranches that are blocking access to half the unit!

Now if you saw one would you shoot it?Knowing the numbers are nil and might only be one of a few bucks in the whole unit?

Yup.

• Like 1