capoeirajosh

Using a bow during the general season

Never understood why one would do this.

Because Cameron Hanes is really popular on social media and some other popular hunters on Instagram also do this. I think you can get more "likes" on your pics if you use a bow or something like that
You are 100% correct.

Screw it, go run the 200 mile race if one REALLY wanted to be like CH.

OR, here's a thought......Maybe, I just like bowhunting. I usually put in for this general tag every year out of tradition with my family. It gives me a chance to get out and hunt with my dad and brother together. My dad is a rifleman and I love to bowhunt. I'm not closed off to rifle hunting at all. Going on a rifle bear hunt here shortly. I merely prefer one over the other. I just had the thought of toting my bow instead of my rifle. It has nothing to do with Cameron Hanes or getting likes on Instagram.

Its a joke dude. Cameron is a bad mofo. He's got Drive, willpower, and tenacity in his pinky toe that I have in my entire body!

• Like 1

Wear lots of orange. Rifle hunters lobbing 1000 yd shots would make me nervous...

That right there is probably what will keep me from doing it. Lots of trigger happy hunters out there.

Never understood why one would do this.

Because Cameron Hanes is really popular on social media and some other popular hunters on Instagram also do this. I think you can get more "likes" on your pics if you use a bow or something like that
You are 100% correct.

Screw it, go run the 200 mile race if one REALLY wanted to be like CH.

OR, here's a thought......Maybe, I just like bowhunting. I usually put in for this general tag every year out of tradition with my family. It gives me a chance to get out and hunt with my dad and brother together. My dad is a rifleman and I love to bowhunt. I'm not closed off to rifle hunting at all. Going on a rifle bear hunt here shortly. I merely prefer one over the other. I just had the thought of toting my bow instead of my rifle. It has nothing to do with Cameron Hanes or getting likes on Instagram.
Its a joke dude. Cameron is a bad mofo. He's got Drive, willpower, and tenacity in his pinky toe that I have in my entire body!
No worries. Just thought I would clear the air on my reasoning, because I think there are indeed people out there that think like that. I've been known to crack a Cam joke here and there, lol. Good luck to you.

I'll actually be doing this next month in the colorado otc elk hunt, for the very reason you described. Going with a good friend that rifle hunts, but I only bowhunt. I'll wear the orange and try to get close enough for the arrow, and if not I'll go home with my tag. I hold nothing against any legal hunter using any legal tool, but i personally have no interest to shoot anything with a gun.

• Like 1

I would do the archery if that's what you want.

You could always have your rifle nearby if you happen to see a nice buck that would be difficult to stalk with your bow.

• Like 1

I would do the archery if that's what you want.

You could always have your rifle nearby if you happen to see a nice buck that would be difficult to stalk with your bow.

Great idea. The area I am in has some pretty rugged spots that aren't favorable for stalking.

Leave the bow at home and use a spear!

Sold!!

Sold!!
DO NOT VIDEO A SPEAR HUNT!!!!! Lol

You mean I shouldn't strap a gopro to my spear?! Dang it!

Sold!!

you can if your that good with a spear but don't post it to you tube.

Sold!!
you can if your that good with a spear but don't post it to you tube.

Noted! 😂😂

I've killed tons of deer with my archery equipment.

It is quite a thrill.

I'd love to try a slingbow but it's illegal in my state.

• Like 1

I used a bow on a general kaibab hunt once, i shot a smaller buck with it and passed up bigger bucks with the rifle. Its all personal preference.

Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to shooting a smaller buck with my bow. If I use my rifle, I will probably hold out for a nice one.