Hoss50

Hornady ELD-X on game?

Has anyone used the new Hornady eld-x on game yet?

I am thinking about using them on an upcoming cow elk hunt but have not seen much feedback on how they perform on deer and elk. I will probably be shooting the 7mm in either the 175gr or 162gr. 7mm Rem mag and or 7x57 mauser.

Thanks

Harley

Saw a whitetail hunt up in SK on TV. The two big bucks featured were killed in such dramatic fashion I emailed the host about what bullets were used ELD-X.

I'm going to do some load development!

• Like 1

I have some recovered bullets from target shooting. They look like they'll do some serious damage! Can't wait to see how they do on my coues hunt this year. They do shoot great from my 7 mag.

• Like 1

I have no kills with the eld-x

But the eld-m in my .338 at 285 grains take my 12 inch gong and flip it over at 700 yards. It looks really devastating compared to my 6.5 creedmoor that just swings it a little.

• Like 1

I'll be using them on my bull hunt in December! Just loaded up some 212 for my 300wsm. I have them shooting well but haven't killed anything yet.

Wow! Tell us you COAL and specs with your 300wsm??? Most people cant get the wsm shooting good with the larger bullet. It kicks butt with the 160s-180s from what I've heard. I could be wrong

I'll be using them on my bull hunt in December! Just loaded up some 212 for my 300wsm. I have them shooting well but haven't killed anything yet.

Wow! Tell us you COAL and specs with your 300wsm??? Most people cant get the wsm shooting good with the larger bullet. It kicks butt with the 160s-180s from what I've heard. I could be wrong

I'm new to reloading and I don't have a caliper so I can't give the coal. I should have one soon tho. The load Im used was Winchester nickel brass, Winchester large rifle magnum primers, 60.5 of RL-19 topped with the eld-x 212gr. I have no idea of the speed but but I'm getting 2 inch groups at 300.

The rifle is a Winchester 70 1-10 twist.

I love reloading! Before I put a new stock and trigger on my gun I was shooting 3 inch groups at 100 with factory ammo.

• Like 2

Just tried them for the first time with great results! 490 yards and the antelope dropped where it stood. I will continue to use as long as I can find them. Certain calibers and grains are on backorder everywhere I look.

I am just starting to work with them. I put some 162gr in some 7x57 cases last night and have some 175gr going in the 7 Rem mag soon.

I will probably get some of the 30 caliber flavor soon too for my buddies 3006 and a 300 for me.

I hope to put an ELD-x or a berger VLD in a cow elk in a couple months.

Harley

• Like 1