Sneaker

Remington 870 Jam, Kingman

My 12 gauge I got when I was 10 years old jams pretty bad almost every shot. I've paid the only gunsmith that I could locate in Kingman to fix it, but that did nothing, I think I paid for a glorified cleaning. The fixes on youtube seem relatively simple(filing down a lip in the chamber or fixing the extractor), but I don't want to play gunsmith and mess with it myself and end up breaking something... At this point I'm ready to get rid of it, but don't want to sell a gun that doesn't work well. Or if I had it fixed for good by someone who really knows what they were doing, maybe I'd keep it. Any suggestions?

Maybe the chamber needs cleaned or polished real good. Might get a 10 gauge brush and try that in your chamber. My 870 seems to stick more with Federal shells than any other. Most serious shotgunners go with a B gun. Browning, Beretta, or Benelli.

heck, nothing I have likes Winchester dove loads, not even the Winchester I have.

I agree with the prior posts. I'd try some different loads. I have an older Winchester that jams everytime I use S&B loads.

Can you describe the jam and what is actually happening? Not ejecting spent case? Not feeding new one?

• Like 1