TAM and I just got back from our antelope hunt on the eastern side of NM and it was one of the funnest hunts I've been on. We saw some nice bucks and both ended up taking some decent goats. Tim had to hold me back from shooting the first couple of bucks we saw opening day. He is a much better judge of antelope than I and I ended up taking one of the prettier bucks we saw in my opinion. Tam took what I believe to be a little bit bigger goat than mine with a unique , cool looking top. Man, Antelope hunting is a blast!!! I only had to put a 100 yd stock or so and made about a 250 yd shot. My wife is glad my hunts are over.

frontshot.jpg

skylined.jpg

Congratulations Mike on a nice antelope! I'm glad that both you and Dana are happy with him, he'll look real good on the wall next to your velvet non-typical coues deer.

Pretty buck. He has a lot of white on his neck. You have had a good hunting season this fall. What outdoor adventure is next if the hunts are over?

Doug~RR

I was fortunate to take a nice Buck over by Roswell this weekend also. I am heading out to wyoming in a couple of hours for another Antelope hunt. I will post Pics of my New Mexico Buck when I get back. Congrats To both of you guys on taking Bucks!!

Pretty buck. He has a lot of white on his neck. You have had a good hunting season this fall. What outdoor adventure is next if the hunts are over?

Doug~RR

Thx everyone for your compliments....Doug, I'm planning on helping Tim with his late kiabab hunt for a few days after thanksgiving. I've got a 2 yr old and a 3 month old that will keep me busy in the meantime. Sometimes I feel like I place hunting as a higher priority than I should so I'm glad I'll be forced to spend more quality time with family.

P.S. I just got back from my taxidermist and he rough scored my buck at 78", quite a bit higher than I had originally thought.