Guest oneshot

Hand-to-hand Man vs Mule deer (graphic content)

I had a similar thing happen with an antelope in Wyoming. Three friends who had taken their bucks that morning were with me when the buck I'd shot jumped up when I approached it. I grabbed its horns and tried to keep it from goring me, and that buck and I kept going around and around. I tried to twist its neck and force it to the ground like a bulldogger, but couldn't. I eventually got my friends to stop laughing and put me out of my misery by giving the antelope a finishing shot. Bill Quimby

You have good friends! My friends would still be standing there taking bets on who would win!

• Like 2

a good friend of mine shot a nice mule deer in Nevada during a muzzleloader hunt. The deer was running straight away from him, he just pulled up and shot. The buck went down. He runs over to it and sees it is missing one of its antlers and sees it on the ground with the ball smashed into it. He went to pick up the deer's head and it opened its eyes and started to stand up. He had knocked it out. Since it was a muzzleloader hunt, and he ran over to it, he never loaded a second shot. He then tries to wrestle it to the ground and kill it with his knife. His brothers are all laughing and watching. He finally stuck it and was able to kill it. His kids told him he had killed a duck, half doe half buck, just like on the Disney movie Open Season. That deer is now known as Elliot.

• Like 4

A cousin of mine told me a story years ago about a fireman buddy who shot a deer that he ended up drowning after running it down at water. I always thought it was a BS story, but after seeing this, maybe it wasn't.

Glad he was able to finally dispatch it. Too bad that scenario had to come about in the first place.

• Like 1

The whole time I was reading this, I was picturing myself as the one wrestling with the buck. It's a pretty funny scene in my head.

Congrats on getting the buck and not giving up on taking it down.

a good friend of mine shot a nice mule deer in Nevada during a muzzleloader hunt. The deer was running straight away from him, he just pulled up and shot. The buck went down. He runs over to it and sees it is missing one of its antlers and sees it on the ground with the ball smashed into it. He went to pick up the deer's head and it opened its eyes and started to stand up. He had knocked it out. Since it was a muzzleloader hunt, and he ran over to it, he never loaded a second shot. He then tries to wrestle it to the ground and kill it with his knife. His brothers are all laughing and watching. He finally stuck it and was able to kill it. His kids told him he had killed a duck, half doe half buck, just like on the Disney movie Open Season. That deer is now known as Elliot.

Now I'll have to watch this.

Someone else told me a story about drowning a buck years ago.

Once I had just left my driveway when I see two bucks standing along the road. They started moving along and I thought I'd pace them and see what speed they'd hit. At 35mph and 50000 acres around them I eased up on the gas and they decided to run in front of me. I could not stop in time on the dirt road and clipped one. He went butt over tincups and broke off both antlers. I stopped and went over and kicked him and to my surprise he got up and shaked the cobwebs out. Realizing I was there he started shaking his head at me like he still had a rack. Then ran and rejoined his buddy. Good thing the rut was over, he'd been a laughing stock at the mule deer games.

• Like 2

I have had to do this with 1 javelina and 1 turkey. I do not recommend it especially the Javelina.

Good looking deer!