Sign in to follow this  
kwp

Tucson Butcher

Any recommendations for an alternate butcher in Tucson? Been using Wild Game Processing for 10 years or so but I have not been able to get ahold of him. Couple buddies have had the same problem. Guessing with the move he is a little backed up.

Any other good butchers?

Nope. He's just about it. Keep trying, you'll get a hold of him. 520-349-9635

I've used Dickmans a few times. This last deer I've found a little more hair than usual and some questionable cuts, but overall still a pretty good job. They're at Broadway/Pantano.

Wow, really? "A little more hair than usual". Jon has done over 20 animals for me, and I've never found a single hair. I guess we all have to decide what is good enough. Either way my friend, good luck and congrats on your success.

John does a great job for sure. Meat is cold, I'll keep trying to get ahold of him. Thx for the replies

Clarifying...I don't think I've ever not found a single hair in a whole batch from one animal. But never very much That's several animals from several processors. So maybe I have low standards in that regard (because I don't know any better) and should make the drive over to WPG on my next animal...don't give up getting in touch with him. I know he's still there and in business...at a new location.

• Like 1

I was warned many years ago about dickmans from some old hunters so ive never used them. I have only used WGP and wouldnt take my game anywhere else. hopefully you get a hold of him.

Yeah - John is a great dude but man he is busy as he's the best around.

I keep telling him to up prices or triple his dudes...grin...

Dickmans I'd a dang foot butcher shop! Good meat, good prices, friendly people! But for doing wild game I won't use them. They did a buffalo for me and meat was marked wrong. Anything smaller than that I'll do myself but it sucked opening buffalo loin packages and it was burger, stew meat, etc.

Dickmans I'd a dang foot butcher shop! Good meat, good prices, friendly people! But for doing wild game I won't use them. They did a buffalo for me and meat was marked wrong. Anything smaller than that I'll do myself but it sucked opening buffalo loin packages and it was burger, stew meat, etc.

And I can say that's true. Hoss 'muledeerarea33' gave my family and I a bunch of the meat from that buffalo. I opened one package that said boneless steak and it was more like a 7 bone roast. Sure was good eaten though.

I was able to meet up with Jon last night. He is still backed up due to the move but he said he thought he'd be caught up in a month or so. New shop looks like a good setup for him.