ASUOutdoorsman

Javelina Bag Limit

Trying to better understand the 2 javelina bag limit. I know you can't tag 2 javelina during your hunt (same unit, same hunt number) but...

Can you tag 2 javelinas during different hunts, in the same unit?

"no more than one (1) javelina taken per open area as defined in each hunt number" - Does this mean you can't tag two javelinas in the same unit, regardless of the hunt numbers?

"The bag limit may be filled in any combination of permit-tag... as long as differing hunt numbers" - Does this mean you can? HAM and General javelina, in the same unit, have differing hunt numbers.

post-14550-0-75804700-1478545675_thumb.png

Interesting....I ran into a guy in Wal Mart the other day asking about unit 41 being open to an eradication hunt, all you had to have was an over the counter permit and you could take as many pigs as you could shoot.

Sounded very strange to me........he was trying to get the tag in the Wal Mart for unit 41......just sounded kinda fishy!!!

Unit 41 is a limited area for that hunt. Only 2 pigs can be killed and you would need 2 tags not one. It's a small area with problem pigs and they are low in numbers and hard to find.

I can't comment on 41, but yes you can kill two pigs out of the same unit in different hunts. You can shoot a double in the metro units, which I was wanting to try, but that is archery only. Also, you can possess as many javi tags as you want as long as you only fill two.

Interesting....I ran into a guy in Wal Mart the other day asking about unit 41 being open to an eradication hunt, all you had to have was an over the counter permit and you could take as many pigs as you could shoot.

Sounded very strange to me........he was trying to get the tag in the Wal Mart for unit 41......just sounded kinda fishy!!!

I hope the Wally World guy gets clarification before he does a big no-no. lol

Also, you can possess as many javi tags as you want as long as you only fill two.

The first couple years you could do that, but they put a stop to it. I used to get an archery, HAM, and genetalk tag but only took two pigs. Last year they stopped me from doing that. I took it all the way to the top and was told by the game branch manager that you can have no more than four pig tags at a time but two have to be non-permit tags (for metro units and such) and no more than two can be draw tags. You might still be able to get away with it depending on whoever is helping you at the front desk, but technically the administrative rules don't allow for it...in other words, apply for the tags and don't ask too many questions. :-)

Pig numbers seem to be getting larger in my usual spots

Wish I could say the same. I hunted 4 days on the first november hunt and saw 1 herd of about 8-10.

• Like 1

Pig numbers seem to be getting larger in my usual spots

Wish I could say the same. I hunted 4 days on the first november hunt and saw 1 herd of about 8-10.

That's a bummer for sure. It's probably because I hunt where I have never seen another pig hunter before

Pig numbers going down period. the end. Well except in town where we are no longer ok to arrow them.

Its all about money people just don't care when it's javelina and not deer or elk numbers at risk from ever hunting. Eventually everybody is gonna see it's a bummer.