SlikRick02

What shooter/ballistics apps are you guys using? What works best?

Okay first off sorry guys I know this is in the classified section but I didn't get a whole lot of responses in the forum! So what are you guys using? I don't have the cash for a G7 so that's out the question for now after just building this rifle! So I have heard about "Strelok" "Shooter" "Applied Ballistics" which I heard was really good but the reviews on the app were horrible! So I am looking for something that is easy to use and won't give me a headache trying to figure it out! What have you guys tried and what do you recommend and what would you stay away from? Please and thank you in advance and thank you for your time!

The better the app the better the results will be, meaning the more input options that you have and can account for the more the calculations can be fine tuned. Sounds to me like you need to just make your own chart and practice with it. Find a load and shoot your rifle at known distances and write the numbers down. Take note of the weather conditions and temps you are shooting in and verify out in the field at different elevations and angles and get to know your rifle.

• Like 1

My son and I sighted our new 6.5 CM w Leupold scope using the vortex app http://apps.vortexoptics.com/lrbc/

In the app we were able to use google earth to pin point the exact location of the hunt for altitude and weather plus exact bullet we used to make a MOA sheet.

I can tell you that 3.6 MOA was perfect for 350 yards, 383 slope adjusted, for a 120 grain Hornady superformance kill shot.

Easy and free.

I have used strelok with good results. But like the others say. You gotta am have all the info to make things accurate

Didnt we just tell all you rookies to NOT do that stuff till you are wet behind the ears and have 70 years experience hunting. Heeze.

• Like 1

Didnt we just tell all you rookies to NOT do that stuff till you are wet behind the ears and have 70 years experience hunting. Heeze.

this. i was told you have to sacrifice a live chicken for the long range gods before youre allowed to shoot past 300

Am I new to Moa and long range shooting yes but everyone has to start somewhere! And as far as hunting I am not a rookie! Thank you guys for your advice

dont let these guys make it sound like you need to go to sniper school. youre going to be flat out amazed what youre capable of once you get it figured out.

Strelok, but you have to go confirm everything and have every detail sorted out. Once you have it figured out you will be amazed how well you can shoot. Just confirm your drop at every range you want to be comfortable shooting. SOMETIMES you'll be off an inch or 2 so confirming your chart is a must and makes a huge difference in your adjustments at times. I also like to play with temp and elevation to see how much everything changes.

You're getting some good advice here. I would only add a couple things before you lock yourself in to a ballistic program. 1. Conduct a tall-target test to determine your scope (reticle) alignment and whether or not your elevation turret over tracks or under tracks (or maybe is dead nuts), and 2. Conduct a trajectory validation. This will confirm your chronograph readings. Do these with the load you plan to use, and you will have utmost confidence in your numbers.

forepaw