Sign in to follow this  
camoremi

New shotgun?

I use a Ruger Red Label in 12 ga. Love this gun because it is easy to break and shoots awesome. Also only has one trigger so you don't have to worry about switching your finger to a separate trigger for your second shot. They make 20 ga models in various barrel lengths as well if your set on a 20 ga.

Ya they are a few years old. Not super old though. I'll sell you one if you want? I picked up a new 28 in Kansas last week. For quail a 20 or 28 is plenty. Like stated they are light and don't chew birds up as bad. I only shoot a 12 on pheasant.

Ya they are a few years old. Not super old though. I'll sell you one if you want? I picked up a new 28 in Kansas last week. For quail a 20 or 28 is plenty. Like stated they are light and don't chew birds up as bad. I only shoot a 12 on pheasant.

Thanks azbirdhunter88, I just bought a Beretta 686 o/u 20 ga. First o/u I've ever owned, very nice. Can't wait to get out and break it in on some Quail. Maybe we can hook up sometime. I see your in Buckeye.

Ya. I hunt birds 2-3 days a week. Mearns is not open so I'll be heading south at least one day a week. Other than that I hunt within a hour and half of my place. You can come break it in at my house on some dove. My ranch is on about 100 acres here that we hunt on.

A few years ago I purchased a 28ga Weatherby. Being lighter, it is nicer to carry than the 12ga Weatherby I had been using. I did not notice the hit/kill % drop with the 28 on mearns. I had determined that the Weatherby Athena threw up nicely for me, while the Red Label and Citori did not. Besides fit, it is nice to have the same type of safety on your shotguns

We bought my stepson a Franchi Affinity which is basically a Benelli with different cosmetic touches. It has been an outstanding gun. Not a single malfunction out of thousands and thousands of rounds that have gone through it. He is on a shooting team and shoots more in a month than most of us do all year and the gun just keeps going!

I am a huge fan of the 28 gauge. I have a Beretta 686 in 28 and a franchi semi auto in 28. They are both fantastic weapons. I definitely noticed my % go up on the amount of birds down after switching to the 28. The ammo is definitely more expensive. If I didnt reload I wouldn't be able to afford to shoot it as much as I do.

My next shotgun will be a browning a5 16ga. I want an original, but the new one they released this year looks sweet too.

I love 28ga also. I haven't shot many, but the ones I have shot were sweet.

I am a huge fan of the 28 gauge. I have a Beretta 686 in 28 and a franchi semi auto in 28. They are both fantastic weapons. I definitely noticed my % go up on the amount of birds down after switching to the 28. The ammo is definitely more expensive. If I didnt reload I wouldn't be able to afford to shoot it as much as I do.

When I 1st got my BPS 28 a few years ago I thought I would use it for quail. When I go for quail I want to kill quail. The 28 did not do it for me. I love the 28 for dove though.

• Like 1