COOSEFAN

The "Wrongway" Bull

Thanks for the replies guys!

We do have a great group of guys involved with our business and luckily most of them were close by that night to get in that pic........as far as herdin' that dude into a horse trailer...I don't think his antlers would fit :P

Here are a few pic's I snapped off the video tapes. The first ones are a few of Wrongway from last year.....

mattpass2.jpg

mattpass1.jpg

Here's a few from scouting and during the hunt.....

WV12.jpg

WV8.jpg

WV9.jpg

Here's a bull we've hunted for a while now and were happy to see he showed up this year again....

WV6.jpg

WV4.jpg

WV7.jpg

Here's a bull that Matt and Shorty's guy passed up....

WV10.jpg

WV11.jpg

And here's "Ocho Grande".......these video pics don't do him justice, but this bull grosses over the 400" mark, you can see he has matching extra points between his G2's and G3's and kickers up top, also, check out those bottom mass measurements when he's bugling :o I'll show you close up pic's of him in my hands after this next weeks Rifle hunt!! :P ;)

WV3.jpg

WV2.jpg

WV1.jpg

And lastly, here's a pic from when it was still light enough to see how open our hunting area is.......super tough hunting, but it was worth it! Thanks, JIM>

WV13.jpg

Jim,

Awesome story, Awesome bull. Wrongway is so symmetrical it makes gross scores almost NET scores. I am hoping this bull will at least move C.A. down a notch. Congratulations to you and The Elk herding team. This is a great accomplishment.

Bob

Wow, great pics Jim! Hopefully we will see Ocho in a photo in the near future! Wrong way sure looked good last year also...I remember you posting that photo of Wrong Way last year and saying someone had a certain score they were after. ;) Well it looks like we found out this year, Congrats again you all did great!!

Awesome story and pics as always Jim thanks for sharing them with us. A huge congrats to you and your hunter and the rest of your team on a truley magnificent bull!

Phil

Jim,

I am pleased and surprised that the drought evidently has not affected the bigger bulls I have seen pictured and in the back of trucks. Many near the 400" mark which would be unlikely a decade ago. What kind of antler development have you seen on the other bulls in the unit? Indicative of a dry winter & spring?

Congrats on a mighty fine bull.

Doug~RR

A bull of anyone's lifetime is harvested again!! Thankyou for the excellent story and pictures to go along with it. He was definately the Monarch of that area. I'm sure incredible memories were made on that hunt that will never be forgotten. They will be retold for probably centuries to come. Congratulations to all involved in the pre-scouting, hunting and harvest of this magnificent beast!!! Man that pumps me up to get drawn for elk!!!

Hey jim look out i see the law coming up behind you in your photo. Oh wait he is with you in the group. What a great group photo that bull put together.

Thanks again for the reply's guys! My brother was trying to stick Wrongway last year in the exact same area where we killed him this year. Last year he had a smaller top end and his beams didn't grow out enough to turn up, so we didn't give him a name until this year. Matt got close, but never had a good shot last year and we were guessing him in the 380's last year. As far as the growth on other bulls in the unit.....this year amazed most of us! There have been at least 4 bulls killed that I know of that are over 400" and we know of at least 2 other bulls that are over that magical number that are still alive!

I do want to emphasize again, that most of the time it is mostly in part of the guide/outfitter when a big bull hits the ground.......but not this time! We did our homework and hunted this bull to the best of our ability.......but this bull would not have seen his last day if it weren't for Mr. Don Roach! This guy is the best archery shooter I've ever seen and he amazed everyone in camp prior to the hunt with how good he was. Just before the shot, he and I talked about shot possibilities and I had nothing but confidence in him and it made all the difference in the world that day! With a cow staring at him less than 20 yards, he was able to "slowly" draw his bow with out moving the bow itself at all, and then held for ever as the bull made his way through all the other 18 cows! I watched out of the corner of my eye to see how bad his bow was shaking, and he was rock solid! My huge congrats again to Mr. Roach for a well derserved trophy! JIM>

Hey jim look out i see the law coming up behind you in your photo. Oh wait he is with you in the group. What a great group photo that bull put together.

Hey you noticed Craiger, he was a huge help and he had a front row seat that day! Craiger spent hours keeping tabs on Ocho for me the rest of the time and believe it or not he never complained ;)

Why didn't you guys hold out for something a little bigger? Move over McClendons, here comes the Mullins team. Congrats on another great bull, and good luck on the rifle hunt. David

Jim, Matt, and Pops, Thankyou again for letting me be a part of the most unforgettable elk hunt I've ever been on! That was an experience I know none of us will ever forget. Hard work does pay off sometimes and this hunt was the perfect example! Way to go Mullins Outfitters!