Sign in to follow this  
Splatt

Need some accubonds or ballistic tips for my 243

Looking for the above to see if my old, we'll worn, heavy barrel varmint er likes them.

Anyone have any to sell ?

Thanks.

I've got 40 70 grain ballistic tips and 60 80 grain ballistic tips I'd trade for 6.5/264 bullets or sell out right.

I have 70's.

Sorry no 6.5 calibers.

I have to edit my post.

I am looking for 90-95 grainers.

I've seen bad things with bergers, I won't use them.

Sst's I'm not sold on either. I know .30 caliber ones blow big holes thru pa. whitetails.

I'm not sure on twist ?

It's a Remington HB varminter that I bought in Germany back in the early 80's.

1:10 maybe ?

Yes.

I like nosler.

I thought about those, Casey.

I do have 100, 90gr Ballistic tips coming, with another 200 available, if they shoot well.

Currently, I'm shooting bug holes with 70gr Ballistic tips. They are devastating on coyotes.

I was a huge fan of the Barnes in my 2:57. With the way they're designed, you would have definitely maximize your penetration with the 243.

Sierra 100 gr spitzers is what I've stuck with out of mine. No issues what so ever and I can get them whenever I want.

My wife shot her mule deer this year with a 100 grain Sierra pro hunter. The bullet hit the very back soft cartilage part of the shoulder blade and blew up. None of the bullet made it into the vitals. Fortunately some of the bullet fragments made it into the spinal cord and put the deer down. The shot was at 160 yards out of her 243. Just thought id share our only experience with the Sierras. We'll be trying the 95 grain ballistic tips next due to their supposed thicker jacket design.

Sierra 100 gr spitzers is what I've stuck with out of mine. No issues what so ever and I can get them whenever I want.

My wife shot her mule deer this year with a 100 grain Sierra pro hunter. The bullet hit the very back soft cartilage part of the shoulder blade and blew up. None of the bullet made it into the vitals. Fortunately some of the bullet fragments made it into the spinal cord and put the deer down. The shot was at 160 yards out of her 243. Just thought id share our only experience with the Sierras. We'll be trying the 95 grain ballistic tips next due to their supposed thicker jacket design.

Why not go with a bonded bullet like Accubond, or monometal, TTSX or gmx?

Why not go with a bonded bullet like Accubond, or monometal, TTSX or gmx?
interesting to here. I've never had a reason to switch. They have killed plenty of coyotes and deer for me, I load the 175's in a friends 7mag and it's taken an elk and a deer so far.