Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Another taxidermy nightmare

I know the entire story. This company is the worst I hAve ever heard of. I will let him tell you who if he wants, but 3 years and nothing touched. It was damaged and the owner did NOTHING to make it right.

What type of company takes a deposit, handles a 90" plus buck with a bow, allows it to be eaten by rodents, never tells you, and takes 3 years. Ain't even my buck but my friend is better man than me. I would have knocked his teeth out as repayment.

knock his teeth out is only a start.
Let everyone know what kind of service he provides will do him good.

I feel your pain! I have learned to just buck up and pay the price to a reputable Taxi. Thanks for letting us know

• Like 1

So to really top story off i actually shot a deer in 2012 and 2013 so the 2012 deer took over two years to get done. he already had my 2013 so of course i kept it there and it never got done as you can see. so i really got one deer finished and i got a damaged deer back to me in four years time

Just looked them up online and saw my first bad rreview on them about a javi shoulder mount taking over a year and half to do that just poped up recently.they must be going down hill and taking in way to much work than they can handle getting greedy it seems

Bad deal for sure. hate to break it to you, but i am 99% sure that the velvet will have to be stripped, horns repaired and they will have to spray on artificial velvet. that is the only way it will look close to normal. synthetic velvet doesn't look or feel the same and i don't think they could blend it into the real velvet and have it look even close to natural. might end up costing almost as much to do all that as a regular shoulder mount costs.

• Like 4

that buck of yours still had quite a bit of growth left so his antlers probably weren't hardened up yet. if they are close to done, they can be stripped and darkened and look natural. I'm not a taxidermist, but i bet that one would look a little off with the velvet stripped. His points are pretty balled up at the ends and the antlers will probably look porous when stripped. like i said, i'm no expert though

• Like 1

Bad for business!! They need to own up! They did a study in sales for business and its call the 3-11 rule. Usually people tend to see the negative in things so on average when there is a bad business deal people tend to complain to an average 11 people. When a business does something good people tend to tell only 3 people on average. Customer service is key in that type of business and everything else. Sorry about the mount

This is a picture of a buck I did with fake velvet and a late season cape post-6031-0-04157500-1482980856_thumb.jpgpe

• Like 2