Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Ruger American 6.5 CM ???

There was a thread on here a little bit ago where guys were talking about a Ruger factory setup that guys were having good success with in this round.

Pretty sure Trphyhntr jumped someone's case for floating their barrel.

Anyway I can't find the thread and am trying to remember the setup guys were using. Gunna buy my kids one for their first coues killa.

• Like 1

Im just saying, why take a dremel to your stock before even shooting it? makes it look like mice gnawed on it. My dad has one, hasn't shot it yet.

Well do you think you could bother to say what setup it is? That was kind of the point of this post.

I'm planning on ordering one for me and the wife in a week or so. there pretty impressive for the money.

Setup? Ruger American predator?

Scope?
Hasn't got one yet. Any suggestions?

Tasco, Redfield, Playskool

• Like 2

I have the ruger american predator in 6.5 from the other thread.I have a viper pst on mine and it shoots great. I was also the guy that floated my barrel before I shot it, dosent take a rocket scientist to know that the barrel shouldn't touch the stock. II don't know why he says it looks like mice gnawed on it, mine you'd never even know I did anything to it by looking at it. 1/2" dowel and sandpaper did the trick. Not saying this is the greatest rifle ever,but for its price it may well be

I have the ruger american predator in 6.5 from the other thread.I have a viper pst on mine and it shoots great. I was also the guy that floated my barrel before I shot it, dosent take a rocket scientist to know that the barrel shouldn't touch the stock. II don't know why he says it looks like mice gnawed on it, mine you'd never even know I did anything to it by looking at it. 1/2" dowel and sandpaper did the trick. Not saying this is the greatest rifle ever,but for its price it may well be

Maybe yours look cleaner than the one i saw

Don't sleep on the Redfield revolution scopes for basic hunting rifles. They are a great value.

• Like 1

For what it's worth I anticipate slapping a CDS on this one. Since it's for the kids I want it to be stupid simple. Maybe get two sets of dials made, one for 2000' elevation for carp and pigs then one for 5500' for elk and couez.