Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Ruger American 6.5 CM ???

I looked at a couple different ones today. I like the price of the Ruger American predator but I didn't like how the whole left side of the stock was touching the left side of the barrel Like wtf but I guess that's what you get for 400 bucks

Im just saying, why take a dremel to your stock before even shooting it? makes it look like mice gnawed on it. My dad has one, hasn't shot it yet.

Dremel is a rough way to go. If you have a set of 3/8 or 1/2 in sockets use the different sizes with sandpaper wrapped around them to open up the barrel channel. Yes, it takes a little longer, but it does not look like a rat chewed on it when you are done.

Flatlander, I have the rap in 6.5 creedmoor. It shoots the hornady precision hunter 143 Eldx in 3/4 moa all day long. ( and more like 1/2 moa past 400 and beyond It is a very light rifle, has a threaded barrel, and zero recoil. The trigger is adjustable, but not the best..( can buy a Timney for $100). I thought about restocking it, putting a break on it, and a new trigger. However, all of that kind of goes against my whole purpose for buying an inexpensive light weight rifle....

I have a lot of friends with custom rifles that are pissed at how well this thing shoots, and with factory ammo that is easy to find and only 30$.

As you can tell I am a fan

I scoped mine with a pst 4-16 in an effort to keep the weight down.. Have taken out to a 1000 and back about a dozen times with no issues

Let us know if you get one

Good luck

• Like 3

Not sure if this will help. I have been thinking about one of these rifles for a while

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/1000-yards-500-rifle-rugers-american-predator/

http://amongtheleaves.com/?p=2535

both articles have some specs on how they set up the rifle

Yesterday evening, I was at Ruff's the LGS and saw the Bergara HMR in 6.5CM. For under $1000, it seemed nice with a light trigger with no creep, 22" threaded barrel, and adjustable cheek piece on a stiff stock. It may be a nice option to the Ruger.

http://www.bergarausa.com/bergara_b-14_series_hmr_hunting_and_match_rifle.php

After reading all the positives on the Ruger American I went out and bought one. I like it so far, it shoots ¾ MOA with factory ammo. You have to do a little clean up to get rid of the sharp edges. post-11370-0-98762800-1498776619_thumb.jpgpost-11370-0-24640200-1498776649_thumb.jpg

post-11370-0-37682700-1498776730_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had a Ruger American in .270 a few years back and I really didn't like it. It took a long time and a lot of money to find a ammunition it shot well. Ended up having to hand load. That being said I am considering purchasing one because it is the only factory lightweight rifle chambered in 6 creedmoor. Anyone have a 6 creedmoor RA that they can comment on?

The one I bought for my girlfriend is a real shooter as well. Right at 1/2" at 100 with factory 120eldm. Figure it's cheaper than reloading and hard to beat 1/2". Cool little rifles for the price

• Like 1

We love ours, I put a muzzle break on ours for boy since he is tiny. His first hunt he shot his first deer at 303 yards. The target is the first time he ever shot the rifle. The two that are circled were shot from 300 yards, all others at 200.

Great shooting rifle for the price.

post-13349-0-07116800-1498795930_thumb.jpg

post-13349-0-26176700-1498795976_thumb.jpg

Also we have the predator model and the barrel comes threaded, so it makes it super cheap and easy to add a muzzle break.