Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

Picacho Reservoir?

I have never been down there, so I was thinking about going to look for ducks. Anybody know if has any water?

Thanks,

Mark

It has been closed to all access.

Thanks Carpcody, I went over to Picacho yesterday. Like you said, it is open and has water.

Big Browns, you are an A$$HOLE.

Mark

Mark,

I was told by numerous locals and a g&f officer it was closed. I was not trying to purposely steer you away. Therefore your A$$HOLE comment is 100% unnecessary!!!!!

• Like 2

Don't know if the ponds still hold water or what the CAP canal had done to access, but before the canal was dug we used to jump-shoot ducks from the stock ponds in the foothills behind the reservoir. We also used to gig frogs at night by wading in the reservoir, but we had to be careful. There were big rattlesnakes -- swimming -- all over the place. They were hunting frogs, too. -- Bill Quimby

• Like 3

Thanks Carpcody, I went over to Picacho yesterday. Like you said, it is open and has water.

Mark

Probably should watch your mouth on who you are talking crap about. Someone you have not an ounce of the type of person he is. Lucky He doesn't knock the crap out of you

Mark

Probably should watch your mouth on who you are talking crap about. Someone you have not an ounce of the type of person he is. Lucky He doesn't knock the crap out of you
Couldnt have said it better than that.

Mark

Couldnt have said it better than that.
  • Like 1

Why would anyone knock the crap out of anyone, as you said he doesn't know him or he would know he gives good feedback and helps out other members. We all get why he assumed he was being jerked around others on here and other sites do post garbage like that. This site is usually better than that so lets keep it that way, he made a mistake let it pass.

• Like 2

Mark

What ever Happened with you and the butt pounders you called out?

• Like 1

Well if Big Browns is known for giving accurate information, I apologize. I found that Picacho was wide open, no closed roads, not even any signs.

Mark

• Like 2