DIYFamilyMan

Protein Powders

Has anybody found a protein powder that's effective, yet doesn't taste like ***? I rely on whey protein by no means, but mostly for muscle recovery. Just tired of gagging down the flavored stuff. Anybody have suggestions?

Iso 100 is my favorite as far as nutrition and taste. It's not cheap though

• Like 2

never could figure out how your body could possibly break down a protein shake after workout quick enough to aid in recovery. not when your body already has broke down amino acids in it ready to go for just such an occasion. dont drink your whey shakes, the only way to take whey is in cake form

I've heard the chocolate milk method before, my father in law swore by it when training for the xterra national championships a while back. I have the muscle pharm combat right now and it's awful. I might just give the chocolate milk a shot and see how it goes. If anything its cheaper!

Chocolate milk , my daughter plays on an elite soccer team and travels all over the nation. It is mandatory to drink after a game per the coach so there must be something to it. Who knows ???

The insulin spike i guess.

Chocolate milk , my daughter plays on an elite soccer team and travels all over the nation. It is mandatory to drink after a game per the coach so there must be something to it. Who knows ???

The insulin spike i guess.

yeah I don't know, I usually just drink beer after the games myself ???
  • Like 2

I really have no idea. But some dudes who lift think that makes a difference for gains.

Yeah its the glycogen replacement and milk is casein.

I really have no idea. But some dudes who lift think that makes a difference for gains.

Yeah its the glycogen replacement and milk is casein.

i heard you gotta drink a protein shake after you workout or you dont get any gains?