Sign in to follow this  
Anaconda

Got rainfall ?

Is Arizona getting decent rainfall this winter ?

I know the spring monsoons are more important, but a decent snowpack is a good start.

i live on the left coast, and we are getting pounded, like 200% of normal for late January.

Could be a good year for those tiny Az bulls to grow some decent antlers ?

Saw on the news that overnight should have put us at normal rainfall for the year.

For Flagstaff it has seen 12.12 inches of precipitation since September 1st. Normal is 9.11 inches and last year we were at 11.74 inches at this time. So Flagstaff is 3.01 inches of precipitation above average currently. For snowfall Flagstaff is currently at 51.5 inches and normal is 44.5 inches for this time. Last year Flag was at 61.5 inches for this same time. An additional foot of snow is coming by this Tuesday, so that will even increase how well Flag is doing this year.

• Like 1

Now all we need to worry about is not getting enough summer rain and all the undergrowth that pops up from pre-spring precipitation turning into a tinder box for fire season. If we get 90+ days of no rain headed in to the early summer, it will be tough to make it through camping season and the pre-monsoon lightning storms.

ground that has never frozen this year at 6400ft is saturated and all streams running. with tonights rain on snow and then more snow manana i hope to see tonto creek a mile wide. be safe tomorrow.

lee

ground that has never frozen this year at 6400ft is saturated and all streams running. with tonights rain on snow and then more snow manana i hope to see tonto creek a mile wide. be safe tomorrow.

lee

SRP gauge reports Tonto Creek flow at 21,000% of normal! Bet that sucker is flowing good!

Ya having a little problem from the atmospheric river,, but will be great for the forest and wildlife.

Went up to prescott this weekend and they got some pretty good snow fall. Ive been in phoenix so long id forgotten how cold that stuff is!

bellemont weather service office:

And here are some 6-day storm total amounts:

Flagstaff Airport 35.9 in (6 day total)
Forest Lakes 43.0 in (6 day total)

• Like 1