muleybowhunter

ISO youth 7mm-08

Marlin X7Y. $300 at Healy great rifle for the price and a great starter that you don't have to worry about them wrecking

My hunting partners son carries a Remington Model 7 Compact. When he outgrows the youth stock it will be swapped out for a normal stock and the gun will still be a nice light rifle for him as an adult.

I just put a Marlin XS7 7mm-08 in a Boyds stock. The trigger was easy to adjust to a consistent 2 3/8 lbs. The trigger has no creep, but isn't super crisp. Still, it's quite exceptional for a $300 rifle.

I sighted it in and messed around with cheap factory ammo, yet both types of cheap factory ammo produced slightly under moa groups at 50 and 100 yards. I am confident that my handloads will cut these groups in half.

I am actually getting set to buy my fourth Marlin X7, so I am obviously a fan of these $300 rifles.

look for a Ruger American Compact on gunbroker. 18" barrel. the one I got my daughter is a great shooter

• Like 1

Look at Tikka T3 compact youth model. IMO this is the best gun out there for youths.

I have one in .243 and 7mm-08.

Both my sons shoot amazing with these guns.

Trigger and action are great and they are light wait.

Hope this helps.

I have a Winchester Model 70 Classic Compact. Classic Action with Mauser Extractor. Featherweight type stock. Has a Weaver 3x9 on it. Good shooter. Comes with a Lucas Bore Guide for cleaning. Was my youngest son's starter when he was 10. PM me if interested.

I have a youth model Savage Axis 7mm-08 that I pieced together for my triplet daughters. It has a 20" Barrel, VIAS Brake, action is a Remington Bolt Action, Vortex Viper 6.5x20x50 - Mil Dot #VPR-M-06ZMD scope, The trigger was Honed and Stoned with lighter springs installed by Coyote Gun works from AGI Guns, and a Harris Bipod 6" to 9". You would probably want to change the stock as it is now muddy girl camouflage. Your boy would probably not appreciate all the pink and purple.