Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Count your AZ blessings!!!

Been there. workedin that crap in the oilfield for 5 years ,they can have that crap.I don't know why I stayed so long......Bob!

Been there. workedin that crap in the oilfield for 5 years ,they can have that crap.I don't know why I stayed so long......Bob!

Pheasants?

Yotebuster, You could give Me 1003 and I still Whouldn't come back. I know its Home to You but still not worth itto me or most desert rats here. Keep warm Buddie........BOB!

Yotebuster, You could give Me 1003 and I still Whouldn't come back. I know its Home to You but still not worth itto me or most desert rats here. Keep warm Buddie........BOB!

Hey Bob! It funny I felt the exact same way about my 4 years in AZ! It must be where a guy is raised. I can handle and love the cold. I'm out all winter in it, fishing, hunting, trapping, whatever it is I'm out in the cold and it doesn't faze me! When I lived in AZ I felt like the summer in the valley was exactly like winter in ND. You run from the car to your work our home and stay inside all day for 4 months (or at least I did because I absolutely despise the heat!). Anyhow, I learned to head to the mountains every chance I got, and the winters are incredible! I miss glassing the desert in January with my bow in hand soooo badly when it's cold and windy up here. But I also really love the changing seasons here. The days start to get rediculously long and it does start to warm up (65 last Saturday!). The lack of people makes for a hunter/fishermans dream!!!

• Like 2

Ya Yote my allmost 5 years up there I never went pheasant hunting, to cold. When driving truck in the oil field I see guys with dogs hunting them with dogs with temps near 0 and windy. To me I want it to be fun. Maybee 110. lol. My buddy in Casper is the same as You ,He's out every weekend in the cold hunting them geese. . He was born and raised there and know no different.You Guys thin-20 is normal. U get down here for winter at all..............BOB!

The 1 winter I spent in minot was enough for me. Really nice people but to heck with that kind of cold. And it was a "mild" winter they said. Standing on the roof of Walmart for 4.5 days setting air conditioners with a ancient stick crane sucked at -30*.

Living in ID was awesome. The cold rarely kept us inside, just bundle up and head out. I loved the atmosphere and all the hunting.

• Like 1

The -30 with -60 wind chill was killing Me and we worked in it. The oil didn't stop flowing.........BOB!

I am confused. The decoys look like sandhill cranes but the dead birds look like canadiens. Am I just seeing them wrong? Are they all flying ribeyes?