Very nice, Phil! Congrats!!

• Like 1

Oh , by the way Cramer Congrats. I think they are the next prettiest to Goulds. Isn't there alot of Brown color on it?............BOB!

• Like 2

After my goulds hunt this year the Osceola is the only bird I need for my slam. Can I ask how much the hunt was? How many days? And what is included in the hunt, lodging meals etc??

usually anywhere from $2500 on up and it's a good idea to book early. there are some great area's you can apply on public land which makes it much more affordable you generally start applying for those in November/December if you decide to go with the public land hunt let me know I will help you out when it's time. Which ever way you go it's the best of all the birds to hunt IMHO. Good luck on your Gould's.

After my goulds hunt this year the Osceola is the only bird I need for my slam. Can I ask how much the hunt was? How many days? And what is included in the hunt, lodging meals etc??

I believe Swamp Gobbler Outfitters is at $2,200 all inclusive this year. It is a 3 night/3 day hunt with everything provided. Here is the link to their website. http://www.swampgobbleroutfitters.com/

The Osceola is high on the list for funnest turkey I've hunted; the location, their color, the short intense gobble, and of course their long spurs!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Phil and congrats on the bird! Can't wait to do it myself!

Trkhntr, I will send you a pm about the public land stuff. Just nervous about hunting ground that gets pounded by locals and having to go guided the next year just to slam.

• Like 1

Great story, they are next on my list. Did you kill any hogs? How snakey was it?

I didn't kill any hogs, really no desire to but had many, many opportunities if I would of wanted. No snakes, there are some in the area and saw one last year but fortunately none this trip.

• Like 1

You have all the fun! What a beautiful job you did of catching the sun on the feathers of those toms in your film. It looks like you had a great time and thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Isn't that the same shotgun you put together for your Daughters slam?

• Like 1

You have all the fun! What a beautiful job you did of catching the sun on the feathers of those toms in your film. It looks like you had a great time and thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Isn't that the same shotgun you put together for your Daughters slam?

Thanks! It was a blast and I am definitely blessed to be able to hunt as much as I do.

It's my daughter's guns twin. I had so much fun patterning hers I built one for myself. They are identical except I added an inch to the lop on mine. We put white turkey tracks on hers and black on mine for easy identification. We will both be toting them in May in Missouri.

• Like 1