Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Miserable Elk

Ive seen elk crap on Mt Ord a long time ago. My uncle and cousin were up on four peaks yrs ago and talked to some guys who were packin a bull out after they heard the bugling and the shot.

I've Heard lots of rumors of an elk or two or three around Picacho Peak in the past.

I have a picture at work of a small 6x6 that was roaming the southeast side about 10-12 years ago. G&F had to put it down the bull was gouging the cattle out there.

I've Heard lots of rumors of an elk or two or three around Picacho Peak in the past.

Probably like 15 years ago there was a pic of a young bull running through Ajo in the wildlife views magazine that Game and Fish puts out. Blew my mind. If I'm remembering correctly it was the picture on the cover.

Theres plenty of elk on mt ord. Ran cams there several years ago and got lots of terd sizes bucks and several bulls. As for 4 peaks i know where there are at least 40 elk at least 2 years ago. Hard to find pockets but they are there for sure. One bull was about 360.

• Like 1

There is no more elk there they all got sick and died

There is no more elk there they all got sick and died

Don't worry about it. I takes a a lot of effort to find them. Took me 8 days up there to find even one elk. Chances someone goes up there and finds any are slim to none. And besides those elk cycle in and out of there and can be away from 4 peaks one week later.

We were watching 8-9 different bulls in there, here is another one. We still haven't been able to draw that tag.

post-2355-0-78897600-1501455830_thumb.png