Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Believe it or not

Nope not a bit. I don't play them games. Have nothing to prove other than it does happen.

• Like 1

Most of the guys I know putting in for bull hunts put in only for 2 selections ( sometimes 3 and 4 for late hunts) so I would think that it could be possible for a single tag to be left for particular hunt numbers after the BP and 1st pass.... of course, with a single tag, any application with more than one applicant would not be successful and it would not be until a single applicant had that hunt number possibly even as a 3rd or 4th choice... am I wrong in seeing this as a possibility?

Most of the guys I know putting in for bull hunts put in only for 2 selections ( sometimes 3 and 4 for late hunts) so I would think that it could be possible for a single tag to be left for particular hunt numbers after the BP and 1st pass.... of course, with a single tag, any application with more than one applicant would not be successful and it would not be until a single applicant had that hunt number possibly even as a 3rd or 4th choice... am I wrong in seeing this as a possibility?

No you're not, however in Hunt4horns example it showed his friend received tag No. 278 for hunt No 3022 in 2012 on his fifth choice, and was applying by himself with only 2 bonus points.

He was drawn for a tag in a hunt where 575 tags were issued, & according to the data issued by the G&F there were 1,378 first choice applicants, so that scenario is, by law (tag application process is actually state law), impossible. The only way any 5th choice application could have been drawn, in your example, is if he was issued tag No. 573, 574, or 575 assuming we're multiple applicants on every one of the remaining 800+ first choice applicants after the first 573 tags were issued in the 1st & 2nd choice drawing "rounds". Keep in mind he was issued tag No. 278, therefore it should have been impossible unless there ere either flaws in the programing or someone was overriding the draw system.

• Like 3

"So you're saying there's a chance"

Quote from a favorite movie

• Like 1

That wasn't my friends tag, that was myself. The original post was referencing his friend so I chimed in to show it can happen. And in my opinion probably the only way it could happen was what game and fish told me happened. Otherwise yes mathmatically impossible.

That wasn't my friends tag, that was myself. The original post was referencing his friend so I chimed in to show it can happen. And in my opinion probably the only way it could happen was what game and fish told me happened. Otherwise yes mathmatically impossible.

So game and fish admitted the mistake?

So if it wasn't a mistake are you implying that I can get the same result by putting those hints down in that order next year?