Sign in to follow this  
goinhuntn

Believe it or not

The system is not 100% computerized. You have thousands of paper apps which means either a) data entry or b.) scanning and visual recognition software. Either option requires human input, and whenever you put people in the mix your 'perfect process' turns to crap faster than miley cyrus' s panties come off at a five finger death puch concert. Maybe its not highly probable, but its no where near impossible either.

a guy I know frieking loves five fingered death punch!!! (I've listened and enjoy a few a few of their 45's) hahaha!!
  • Like 1

dang this thread is tripping me out man, so i gotta use paper apps and start putting a 3rd choice is what youre saying.

someone say FFDP?

• Like 2

dang this thread is tripping me out man, so i gotta use paper apps and start putting a 3rd choice is what youre saying.

someone say FFDP?

That's meat processing music right there.

• Like 1

I only see 4 fingers and a thumb ???

• Like 1

dang this thread is tripping me out man, so i gotta use paper aps and start putting a 3rd choice is what youre saying.

someone say FFDP?

Im saying computers are only as good as the software they're running and the software is influenced by the people feeding it Information. if you doubt it, just try running a scheduling system for a small to medium size company (50-100 people) where the job progress information is entered manually. If i live to be a hundred it'll still be surprising how many people cannot add and subtract or even select the right department from a drop down menu.

Anyone ever try to run a really big spread sheet in excel or a relational database in access (or access based erp system)? Dang computers freeze and take several minutes to save a few thousand lines of information. I know g&f probably has some pretty high powered servers, but they're dealing with hundreds of thousands, maybe as high as a few million, lines of data.

I guarantee the guys operating the system spend days cussing it for being a slow p.o.s. and ripping the programmers a new one every time theres the slightest hiccup. I'll bet they spen quite a bit of time watching that stupid little hourglass thingy spin while they're praying it doesnt crash... again!

Anyhow, if you guys think computers dont make mistakes, thats hilarious. The computer only does what the software programmer tells it to, and those guys are dang sure prone to making mistakes.

So with all that is being said, is it possible to draw a unit 10 rifle bull Nov. hunt as a 5th choice ?

Sure,maybe even early bull, that's if you believe some of the above posts.[/quote

Would you like to see a screenshot from 2012 ?

Yep

I'll explain Game and Fish explanation as to what happen in private message. Don't want to give up the secret. LoL

As a former computer programmer I can tell you what programming 101 instructor told the class back in 1983. Computers are only as smart as the person who built it, programmed it and entered the information into it. They only do what they are instructed to do.

This is very interesting to see because every year I hear of a story like this but I never believe it. I figure somebody fat fingered their selection, couldn't remember what they put in for or were lying.

Looking at the selection choices, I find it odd that an early rifle hunt was put down as a 4th choice. I haven't put a 3-5 choice down in years and many times put the same choice as my first and second.

If G&F gave an explanation, I would like to hear it in a PM.

• Like 2

Yup; drawing a rifle bull your 5th choice never should have happened. I'm dying to hear the explanation you were given. . . I'm guessing it's because the motherboard literally melted trying to figure out why anybody would put early bull 3A/3C 4th choice after late 6A???

• Like 4

Hunt4horns, you should have bought a lottery ticket after that! Congratulations! In all seriousness your picks could be used as an example of what not to do, but it worked so what do I know!

Bought many, didn't work but have been drawn 2 more times since then.

• Like 3